Chapter 77: Please

"Draco, what if-" Delphini started. "Baby, stop worrying about it." Draco reassured her. "But what if he still hates me?" Delphini panicked. "He doesn't hate you, despite all that happened. Besides my mother loves you." This made her smile. Delphini let out a defeated sigh, her head falling in her hands as Draco Malfoy straightened his clothes. "I'm just so nervous..." she breathed out. "I'll be there for you the whole time, okay?" she nodded, and Draco pinched the floo powder in his fingers, tossing it into the fireplace and smiling in comfort. He extended a hand to his girlfriend of several years, and now fiancé, and squeezed her hand gently. Leading the brunette into the fireplace, he tried not to inhale the ashes as he spoke.

"Malfoy Manor," he stated, and then braced himself for the sickening feeling of the world flashing before his eyes. A few terrifying moments later and he was walking out of his parents' fireplace. He felt her hand clenching his as they brushed ash off of their shoulders, and smiled as he met the eyes of his parents. "Welcome, Delphini," Narcissa stated, turning to hug her as well, as she smiled. Delphini seemed to visibly calm down at the hug despite how awkward it was. When they departed from the hug, she saw Lucius glaring at her. "Pull up a chair, sit down, sit down..." Narcissa said, breaking the silence and fussing over them. Draco took her hand again and they both sat down together as Narcissa started putting some food on the table.

Delphini squeezed Draco's hand comfortingly and the two smiled at each other. It was going to be okay. It was all going to be okay. Lucius was still glaring at her, increasing the tension in the room. "Lucius.. a word?" Narcissa asked her heard her voice harden. "Alone" She almost shouted. Lucius reluctantly stood up and walked out of the room, to shortly return, arguing with his wife. "I'm not going to let our son ruin our family generation!" Lucius yelled. "With this filthy half-blood!" He sneered pointing at Delphini causing her to run out of Malfoy Manor in tears. "Look what you've done!" Draco yelled at his father. "See this exactly what I'm talking about, look what she's doing to our family, she's destroying us!" Lucius yelled back.

"Darling... stop saying these things, you don't mean them." Narcissa said calmly putting her hand on his shoulder. He pushed her hand away. "Don't side with him, Narcissa." Lucius sneered. "I can side with who I want" Narcissa shouted. "Lucius this is our son, our only son. He can marry who he wants. Delphini happens to be my best friends daughter and is a caring loving person, unlike you." With that Narcissa got up and walked towards the garden to find her. Lucius glared at his son giving him a disdainful stare. He then too got up and slammed the door to his bedroom.

Delphini ran out of the house towards the garden. She begin to walk through the maze at Malfoy Manor in tears. She saw a water fountain in the middle of the maze, there she sit on the edge of it and saw her reflection through the clear, sparkling water. She saw herself crying and looking like a mess. Her hair was a mess and her mascara was streaming down her face at a rapid pace. She heard footsteps get closer towards her as she turned around abruptly. "Sorry, I didn't think anyone would be coming here." she said wiping her eyes. "Follow me" Narcissa said giving Delphini an apologetic smile. Delphini got up and followed Narcissa. "You'll have to understand that when you become a Malfoy that family comes first before friends or work or anything else." Delphini nodded. "The Blacks and Malfoys are strong believers in good family morals and wealth and status."

"Lucius will learn to accept you for who you are like I do, even though you aren't a Pureblood like he hoped you would be. Bellatrix meant everything to me... she was my best friend for as long as I could remember." Narcissa paused and this made Delphini feel some sympathy for Bellatrix LeStrange. "You truly love Draco and that's only what matters to me. Just give him time." Narcissa said now embracing Delphini in a hug. "I've given him years." Delphini said. "Give him a couple more, and he'll be fine" Narcissa said before leaving her at the front of the house again. "But before I go.. I want to say thank you so much for what you did during the war. You risked your life to save my son, and I'll never forget that."