Chapter 22: Be Mine

It's been a long time since Delphini had last stepped into the Astronomy Tower. This used to be her favourite spot in Hogwarts, but that night had left her scared.

The past few months, Delphini and Draco had started to get much closer than usual. It felt cool to finally have the attention of the guy that she had, had a crush on since the first year. However, she couldn't help but feel concerned because she knew her friends hated him especially Harry and Hermione. He had been horrible to Hermione for years calling her a 'Mudblood' a derogatory term for someone who is a muggle-born or a half-blood wizard without wizarding relatives. He too had been rude to her for being 'An orphan' and 'Adopted'. He hated Harry because Harry was 'The chosen one' but he was probably just jealous.

She suddenly heard footsteps, calm slow paced ones. "Hey" the person said. She knew the voice so she turned around and smiled. Delphini tried not to look at him and get lost in his eyes. Instead she kept looking at the view of the dark clouds. "There's going to be a storm." She said coldy. "We should go, it's not safe."

She was trying so hard not to look at his eyes. But that was impossible now. She looked into his grey-blue eyes. "I don't think we have properly been introduced. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" He held his hand out. "Delphini Riddle" Delphini said and smiled. "Or Orphan, whatever you want to call me" She said looking towards the vast forests that were in view. There was silence for a while. "What are you thinking about?" Delphini asked, breaking the silence. "None of your business" Draco sneered, not looking at her. "You know you can always talk to me right?"

"I don't need you, you're obssessed with the idea of fixing me, I'm not broken." Draco shouted. "Fine. If that's what you want then i'll just leave." Delphini said standing up ready to leave. "No. Stay" Draco manages to say, holding onto her hand, in hope of stopping her from moving. "You know I'm not exactly the most innocent person myself."

"What do you mean?" Draco asked confused. "I can read people's mind just by touching their hands and when I get angry or upset I can make crazy things happen." "What crazy things?" said a puzzled Draco. "Like I can make it really windy or stormy and sometimes set things on fire, without wanting to. And I can do wandless magic, and fly without a broom" Draco just stood there smiling. "That's so cool, I wish I could."

"Just please don't tell anyone about me."

"It's our secret." Draco replied, turning to his focus to the wind. Delphini could sense him grow tense as if he was keeping a big secret and was terrified of something. "Draco... Draco are you okay?" She said standing behind him, putting her hand on his shoulder. He pushed her hand away.  "It's okay." "What's wrong?" There was silence.  "I love you" Delphini blurted out.  "You what?" Draco said trying to pretend he didn't hear. "I said I love you, Draco"

"Take that back." He shouted. "You can't love me." Delphini felt tears brim in her eyes. "I can't take that back, Draco, I'll never forgive myself."

"No you're not."

"I'm deeply in love with you, I have been for ages."

"Don't lie to yourself, Delphini, no one has ever been."

"Leave, Delphini" Draco said his voice getting more harsh. "Please Draco." Delphini said almost begging. Draco pulls up his sleeve and showed her his Dark Mark tattoo. "Is that...?" Tears start to brim in your eye. "Is that the Dark Mark?"

"Yes" He said angry. "Now everyone will hate me even more than they did before!" He said finally letting his tears slip. "I never hated you, I never have" Delphini said wiping his tears from falling down his cheeks. "Your just not good with first impressions, you know, you just come off rude sometimes." She said half laughing. "I know." 

"Why Draco?"

"It's difficult." "I get it, it's okay."

"You're not alone."

"I'm not hiding it, I'm hiding from it" Draco said looking down scared. "I love you Draco" Delphini said as she left the Tower. "Do you think of me?" Draco asked hopefully. "All the time."

Draco pulled her arm, whilst she tried to leave. "Who said you could leave?" He said staring into her eyes. She could see his pain. He pulled Delphini closer until she was right next to his face.

"Be mine"

You know what happened next. This was the real Draco. The boy in the Tower. The vulnerable, stressed out child who needed to get away and feel safe and protected. The boy only Delphini knew.