Chapter 79: The letter

Hermione was just finishing curling Delphini's hair when Ron walked into the bedroom. He went to Hermione's side and kissed her. "You look beautiful, 'Mione," said Ron.  "Thank you, Ron." Hermione smiled. "Wait until you see my dress, its gorgeous!"

"How's Draco, Ron? Is everything OK?" Delphini asked. "He's great. Very calm. 'In love,' so he says!" said Ron, as everyone laughed. "He'd better be!" she said, smiling. "Are George and Charlie with you?"

"Yeah, they're downstairs getting their instructions from Mum. She's barking, that one," he said, shaking his head. "This is for you, Delphi, from Draco," Ron handed her the small package. "Thank you, Ron. Could you take that to Draco for me when you go back to pick him up, please?" she asked, pointing to a large, flat package on the bed. "Tell him that I love him." 

"Sure, but I think that I should be getting paid if I am going to be a delivery service!" scowled Ron, good-naturedly. "And, you can forget about the love part. The two of you drive me mad with that rubbish."  Hermione swatted at him as he left the room. "You could do with some lessons on that, you prat!" Hermione shouted, they had only been married for a few months but it seemed like forever, with all there silly arguments. "It's so pretty, I hate to open it," Delphini said, looking at the silver-wrapped package. "Ohh what do you have there?" Ginny questioned as she walked into the bedroom. "Draco gave Delphini a letter"

"Don't keep me in suspense!" Ginny laughed. Delphini unfolded the attached note from Draco and read,

Dear Delph,

Today's the day, love. Can you believe it's finally here? Thank you so much for today, for loving me, for allowing me to love you. This is just a small gift to let you know that you are in my heart always. Our lives and love will always be linked. I love you with all of my heart, Delph, it's only for you.

Always,

Draco x

"Delphini, no crying! You'll ruin your makeup!" yelled Hermione.  "I can't help it. He always knows just what to say. He always knows what's in my heart. He's the only man that I could ever love, Hermione," Delphini said softly, looking up at her best friend. "I know, Delphi, and Draco knows it, too," said Hermione, placing her hand on her shoulder. "Open the gift" Ginny said impatiently which made Delphini and Hermione laugh. She gently opened the gift. Inside the long, black box lay the most beautiful bracelet that she had ever seen. She immediately clasped it onto her wrist, and the tears began in earnest. 

"See what I mean, Hermione, Ginny? He always just knows..."