Chapter eighty nine: The Smoke

''Hello does anyone copy?'' Carson let go of the button listening for a response ''Does anyone use this line?'' he asked into the walkie talkie and let go listening, he looked at the number again to make sure he had the right one before lowering it before turning the walkie talkie on the table before placing his hand on the wheel ''It's fine, he probably doesn't have a walkie talkie.'' he opened his hand before wrapping his fingers around the steering wheel. He glanced around seeing smoke in the distance wondering what could've happened for there to be that much smoke. He turned forward feeling his eye's get heavy, before he knew it his eye's shut and his body fell back against the wall.

'Carson' he sat up gasping and looked around on the boat before turning and looked to his steering wheel, he sighed leaning back and thought about the voice he heard, he looked to the walkie talkie wondering if he should try contacting people again, he got up and grabbed his bag walking out looking around before dropping the bag and yawned before crouching down and opened the bag looking around inside before pushing the bag away getting up, he turned and went into the small area looking through the drawers before finding a map, he brought it back out and laid it on the deck of the boat before looking through his bag before pulling a marker out and placed it beside the map looking around, he thought about the different places. He picked it up taking the lid off before crossing Calgary off the map before looking around before moving the marker to Toronto crossing that out as well.

Carson looked around before putting the lid back on the marker leaning it against his knee moving the lid on it before getting up, he looked around noticing the clouds seeing rain the way he was going but saw he wouldn't hit it in a while so he left his stuff in the open going back to the controls. He looked aroudn opening a small cabinet and found a rain jacket, it wasn't big or bulky but it was better then getting soaked when he entered the rain. He got it on moving it over his right shoulder bitting his lip feeling a slight sting, he sat on the stool and turned holding the wheel as the boat kept moving along the water, Carson glanced around before seeing black smoke, to his right, he turned and looked at the controls before letting go of the wheel and seeing it was still moving straight, he got off the stool and stepped out of the section where the controls were and looked at the land, seeing the empire state building through the smoke and fire, he looked over to the map that laid on the floor and walked over crouching down to the map before picking the maker up and crossed New York off his map before getting up and looking to the city.