Chapter twenty: The Distraction

Monte came downstairs seeing Jonathan walking down the hall to the kitchen and Evin leaving, he hurried down and went to the door following him out having just socks on ''Hey, Evin hold up.'' he called going down the step's before Evin turned seeing Monte walking down the step's to him stopping on the last step that didn't have snow, Evin walked back while Monte glanced back then looked back to Evin ''So uh... I feel like I have to ask you this concidering your basically the only family Jon has.'' he stated, Evin raised an eye brow and smiled a bit ''Ok?'' Monte took the small box out of his pocket and handed it to him ''I was thinking of asking him when we go on our date.'' Evin was shocked and looked to the box already knowing what it was but opened it curious about what it looked like ''Jesus, where'd you get this?'' he asked and looked to Monte. He smiled ''Found it on the floor in the airport next to a couple of suitcases, I'm suspecting someone was about to purpose but then everything happened.'' he stated while Evin passed the ring back.

''So, what are you asking me?'' Evin asked, Monte smiled and looked down the small box ''Permision I guess?'' he stated, Evin smiled ''Uh, well, I could give advice.'' Monte smiled and looked down ''I don't know what kid of advice you can give.'' he stated, Evin smiled ''Jonathan is... Sensitive about certian things, or at least he is with me... And he keep's thing's secrect like the uh... Whole prison thing.'' Monte tilted his head a bit looking to Evin ''You mean, you didn't know he spent time in jail?'' Evin shook his head ''I don't even know when he could've been in jail.'' Monte thought about that then nodded ''Alright, well uh... I'm sure he'll talk about it when he's ready.'' Evin smiled a bit and nodded ''Monte!'' he turned looking to the house and the two went into the house as Jonathan ran down holding Ivan ''I don't know what's wrong.'' he stated, Ivan was gasping for air, Monte moved over and looked to him in Jon's arm ''I... I don't know... What to do?'' Jon stated panicking ''It'll be alright, Frank and Tanner will know what to do.'' Monte explained and went to the door getting his shoes on holding the door open, Evin left going to the sidewalk while Jon went over getting his shoes on walking through the door with Ivan.

Evin, Jon and Monte headed down the street to the medical tent, Evin ran there opening the door and looked back as Jonathan ran inside ''Frank.'' he called and looked down to Ivan, Frank came out of a side room and went over to Jon seeing him holding Ivan, Vivian stepped out of the room Aivana was in and looked over the railing seeing Frank take Ivan walking with him into the side room he came from. Evin and Monte turned hearing an explosion and looked to each other before looking over to Jon, he nodded ''It's fine, go.'' he stated, Monte moved to the door leaving the medical tent with Evin and ran over to the front gate to the zone climbing up the ladders to the watch towers, Vivian went back into the room and shut the door walking over to Aviana ''What was that explosion?'' she asked sitting up ''I'm not sure, Monte and Evin went to go look.'' she stated and sat with her ''Should we do something, what if it's dangerous? Like the military?'' Aviana asked worried, Vivian smiled reaching over holding her hand ''I'm sure it's fine, if not we're safe here.'' she stated, Aviana smiled and nodded looking down.

Evin got to the top and took the binoculars from the seat up there and looked around seeing smoke rising from a building and brought them up looking out to the smoke looking to where it could be coming from ''What is it?'' Monte asked getting up there and looked out to the smoke ''Obviously a bomb went off, but there's building's in front of where it came from.'' he stated and moved handing the binoculars to Monte so he could look ''Evin!'' he moved over and looked down beofre pushing back tightening his grip on the railing, Monte looked to him seeing the way he stood ''Yeah?'' he asked back down to Roy, Monte looked over the edge down to Roy ''It's a bomb.'' he called and grabbed Evin's arm moving him away from the edge ''Head down, I'll keep looking around.'' he stated being able to tell his reaction about the height.

Evin nodded and turned heading down the ladder letting Monte stay up there, Evin dropped and went to Roy ''A bomb?'' Evin nodded ''Yeah, something tell's me it was either planted there on purpose for something or... I'm not sure.'' Roy looked to him ''Safe or not?'' Evin looked at him understanding the question ''I have a bad feeling about it.'' he stated looking to Roy, he nodded ''Alright, we'll just take a small group to see what happened ''Round up everyone.'' Roy stated and went towards the medical tent side entrance to get the bags ready while Evin headed into the zone more.