Chapter sixteen: The Outnumbered

Jonathan turned aiming his pistol shooting the horde that was down the way they went, Lewis turned seeing Darrel and his group at the end ''Hey, we need help down here.'' he called while Rebecca shot her shotgun twice moving back, Evin aimed his assult ritlfe shooting as they moved back one step at a time, Jonathan ran ahead and looked down the hall seeing Darrel and two other's running towards them, Jon turned shooting the walkers before his gun ran out of ammo, he let the clip fall out while taking another out putting it in ''Last clip.'' he called out as Darrel, Joel, Charlie and Bill stopped getting to them and raised their gun's helping with the horde ''Keep going.'' Darrel called letting the four run back further while they shot the one's getting closer, they turned but Joel was grabbed ''Fuck!'' he yelled as one bit into his shoulder, the four looked back while Darrel turned, Joel reached for his gun but another walker grabbed the arm pulling it up bitting into it, Charlie started breathing heavily as the walkers that had grabbed Joel and Joel himself disapeared being swallowed by the horde.

The group ran up the stuck esculator, they ran down shooting the stragglers up there and turned seeing the horde slinking up the esculator before pouring out onto the second floor, they ran, Darrel moving infront of the group and slowed down turning right, Lewis turned bringing the gun up aiming back as the horde got closer, somehow being a big faster then before, Rebecca looked down the hall seeing Darrel looking around before he went to the wall, Rebecca watched as he hit a button and a roll shutter started moving down ''Hey!'' she yelled and ran over, Lewis and the other's looked over seeing Darrel moving back slowly, Rebecca got there and slid under the roll shutter while Lewis ran over, Rebecca got up and ran over to the button pressing it but saw it didn't stop Lewis ran faster while the other's followed, Lewis slid but couldn't grab underneath it before it landed, Jonathan got there and hit the roll shutter that was just a chain link fence. Rebecca turned to Darrel ''You didn't even warn them.'' she stated seeing it was a stupid decision ''We can lift it.'' Jon stated and turned seeing Evin get there with Bill and Charlie, Lewis crouched and tried lifted the shutter to get his fingers under it and Evin looked to Darrel seeing he was smirking ''You planned this.'' he stated, Jonathan looked back seeing the horde turning this way and turned looking to Darrel ''Joel wasn't supposed to die.'' Rebecca turned looking to Darrel.

''You weren't supposed to die either.'' Darrel stated before taking his pistol out shooting Rebecca in the head, her body fell to the ground and Darrel looked to them stuck behind the roll shutter, Charlie reached the shutter ''Sorry Bill, Charlie, you were supposed to be on this side of the shutter.'' Darrel stated stepping back Jonathan looked at him ''You'll be sorry for this.'' he stated pointing at Darrel while Evin turned seeing the dead coming closer and closer, he looked to the side's for an exit. Darrel turned and started walking away placing his bat on his shoulder, Evin looked over seeing one of the roll shutters of the stores was stuck open ''Here.'' he yelled and ran over slidding under, Lewis got up running over with the other three, Lewis slid under and Jon stopped aiming at the dead letting Bill and Charlie crawl under, Jonathan then went down and crawled under but a zombie grabbed his leg pulling him back under, Jonathan held the roll shutter while Evin ran over grabbing his arm's pulling him back while Lewis ran over and laid prone aiming his gun shooting the zombie that grabbed Jon in the head. Evin got him standing while Bill broke in a storage room door ''In here, quick.'' he yelled, Jon got up and moved Evin in front of him while Charlie ran in then Lewis and Jon was last pushing Evin in and shut the door holding it while Charlie and Bill moved a couch over blocking the door.

Jonathan moved while Evin and Lewis tipped over a shelf knocking everything on it off and barracaded the door, they panted relaxing a bit before Jon licked a trash can and rubbed his eye's before moving his hands up into his mohawk ''Fuck.'' he shut his eye's while Bill looked around seeing the storage room they were in had no other way out ''How.... How do we get out of this?'' Bill questioned, Charlie checked his body before taking his backpack off ''Walkie talkie.'' Charlie stated digging in his bag ''The only one's that had walkie talkies were those incharge of the groups so Monte, Roy and... Fucking Darrel.'' Jonathan stated and turned having his hands on his hip's. Evin hugged his arm's close to his chest while Lewis looked up seeing the pannels and walked over to the wall listening as best he could, he turned to them ''What's on the other side of this wall?'' he asked looking back at them, Charlie thought ''The hall we were just in.'' he stated thinking about the layout ''On which side of the shutter?'' Lewis asked moving away from the wall, Charlie thought about that question then shrugged ''It would be before the shutter.'' Evin stated and looked over to them taking a deep breath in evaluating their situation, Lewis nodded ''We move these pannels and go that way before we either get above the next store or the hall.'' Lewis stated and looked at them pointing up not stretching his arm all the way up, Charlie nodded liking the plan and looked to the others.