Chapter twenty eight: The Left Behind

Monte sat there thinking about their next move and looked to the window in the room they were in and tried thinking about how many there were outside ''We can't stay here.'' Jennifer stated looking over to him, Monte nodded, his foot tapping, he got up from the chair and went to the window looking outside seeing the bright snow being trecked on by the dead to the right then looked left seeing there were dead there too, he looked forward through the buildings and looked up as best he could looking to the roofs then shook his head thinking about how they could easily get stuck, he looked forward seeing that was the only way to go and that they had to think on the run after that ''We go straight.'' Monte stated and pushed away from the window and looked back to Jennifer, she nodded and looked around seeing the baby bag Jonathan brought over that morning along with the three kids that lived with him. Monte looked over and smiled walking to it looking through it finding one of the baby slings.

He got the straps over his shoulders and looked to Jennifer, she understood and lowered Hugo walking over to him and clipped everything together behind him, once it was on him properly he went over picking up Elizabeth getting her into the sling on his chest, he looked down to her turning her head carefully and turned moving back over to it looking in the bag for the poncho, he smiled and took it out putting it on over his winter jacket and turned to Jennifer as she picked up Hugo. Monte picked Ben's basket up and went to the window pushing it open, he looked to both sides before slowly lowering Ben outside he turned and took Hugo letting Jennifer climb out, she looked around and grabbed Ben's basket moving it away from the building before turning and reached under taking Hugo from Monte.

Monte turned picking Alexander up and lowered him out the window before grabbing Elizabeth's empty basket and went up on the window sill before moving his leg's out and landed on the ground and moved under grabbing Alexander's hand looking to Jennifer holding Hugo and Ben. Monte looked around before setting the empty basket down and reached inside grabbing the baby bag taking it out, he took the other sling out and fixed it so it could fit Hugo, he went to Jennifer and took Ben setting him down, Alexander looked around seeing the dead at the streets, Monte got the sling on her so it would be easy for her to help him get the kids out, they got Hugo into the sling and Jennifer picked the basket up while Monte went over taking Alex's hand looking over seeing a few of the dead walking for them he put the baby bag on his shoulder and picked the basket up and nodded forward for Jennifer to run straight focusing on getting them all out.