Chapter ninety: The Rainfall

''We'll rest in the grocery store up there.'' Jon stated and looked back at the others, Vivian and Aviana passed him while LJ was holding his chest leaning on a car ''Hey, you good?'' he asked walking back as the rain drenched them, LJ shook his head breathing heavily, Jon nodded seeing it wasn't good and looked over seeing Aviana and Vivian stopped under a bus stop, he looked to LJ ''Can you make it to the store?'' LJ looked to him then over to the store before pushing his glasses up on his face breathing in only hunch over onto the car. Jon looked at him and saw where he was holding and turned him over opening his jacket, LJ stopped him ''No.'' he stated only put his head back ''What is it?'' he asked looking at him, LJ panted before his eye's shut and he fell limp, Jon caught him and looked to him ''LJ?'' he asked before leaning him on the car and looked to Aviana who looked worried, he looked back seeing the horde they were running from and leaned over picking LJ up putting him on his shoulders and went to Aviana ''You know how to shoot yeah?'' he asked, Aviana looked at him ''Avi?'' she looked to Jonathan and nodded, he nodded ''Get us to the store.'' he stated and started walking, Vivian looked to Aviana before following Jon, Aviana looked back holding the gun down running after them.

They reached the parking lot that still had car's scattered, Jonathan moved down the isle of cars with LJ on his shoulders and looked around before looking to the sign seeing this was a Target, he turned seeing Vivian close behind him and Aviana behind her, he turned and moved to the front doors seeing a body proping the door open, he got closer and moved the broken automatic door open and looked inside before moving inside, he looked further into the store not being able to see much, he went to the side and set LJ down with his back to the wall before checking for a pulse feeling one, he moved away and went over pushing the body outside before holding the door open for the girls. He pulled it shut and looked at it looking into the parking lot not seeing the horde ''LJ?'' Aviana set the gun down and reached forward touching his face, Jon went over and moved Aviana lightly before taking LJ off the wall and laid him on the ground before opening his jacket ''He was holding his chest before he passed out.'' he stated and got the jacket off him completely before pealing the soaked shirt off and saw what he had on.

''To many layers? A jacket a t-shirt and a tanktop.'' Vivian concluded, Jon took his backpack off before looking through it ''It's not a tanktop.'' he stated looking through the bag, the girls looked at him, then Aviana looked to LJ ''What do you mean?'' Jon smiled and got his knife out ''It's a binder.'' he stated and moved the soaking binder away from LJ's skin cutting it a bit before ripping it up to where the tighter part of it was and he moved it seeing dark bruises ''Oh no.'' Aviana stated, Jon was hesitant to cut around afraid if he touched the area he'd make it worse ''His binder is soaked, it tightened around his ribs, probably crushing them.'' he stated and reached forward lifting the binder off the bruised part feeling how tight it was, he put the knife under and stabed it though the material before ripping through it, he did that a bit more moving LJ's right arm before getting to the top, once it was completely cut through he moved LJ's shirt off him and put it over where his coat was beofre moving the binder over LJ's head and got it completely off seeing the damage and placed his left hand over his mouth looking at the bruising ''This is really bad.'' he stated and looked to Aviana who just stared ''Why didn't he say anything?'' she stated and looked to Jon.

Jonathan stood up and sighed looking to the store then back down to him ''He was probably worried about how we'd react.'' Vivian looked to LJ ''Is he going to be ok?'' she asked, Jon looked at the amount of bruising on both sides trying to think of when this could've started ''The only time I could think of his binder getting that soaked that it would shrink, would've been when we went over the bridge.'' he stated and looked to Vivian who looked to LJ. Aviana crossed her leg's and leaned forward a bit looking at him, Jon sighed and went on his knee's setting the knife aside before reaching forward lightly feeling around the bruised area. He did this for a while on both sides before moving back sitting on his feet a bit ''He has, maybe three broken ribs, one on his left and two on his right, probably because he's right handed.'' he stated and looked to the girls seeing Aviana looked really worried ''They haven't shifted but, with his ribs like this we can't make it to Tennessee.'' he stated, Aviana looked to him, Jonathan looked at her ''How long does it take for ribs to heal?'' she asked, Jon thought about it ''Three to six weeks.'' Aviana moved her head to the other side bitting her lip ''What if their in Nashville?'' Vivian questioned. Jonathan thought before shrugging and looking at her ''I could say we split up but, something tell's me he's not gonna want to stay still.'' Vivian looked to LJ seeing him still passed out.

Jonathan stood up picking up his bag and took Aviana's light before walking over to the door ''I'm gonna see if they have ice somewhere, and bandages.'' he stated looking to LJ ''Could you, make sure he doesn't freeze?'' Aviana looked to him and nodded getting up, Jonathan thought about what he was going to get before pushing the door open and shinned the light around heading inside, Aviana brought his coat back while Vivian brought her bag around looking inside for dry clothes but there was nothing, Aviana laid LJ's jacket over his chest and looked at him holding her leg's to her chest resting her chin on her knee's ''Idiot.'' she muttered looking to him.