Chapter sixty: The Medical Centre

Evin ducked into a building as a shotgun went off behind him, he turned and slammed the door shut before turning and running down the hall of the building he was in, he heard the door break open and slowed down looking back seeing them rush inside, he turned the corner as they shot at him and ran over spinning around a poll and ran up the stairs, he he didn't bother to stop on any of the floors. He got to the fourth floor and stopped seeing the stairs up were blocked ''You got no where to go.'' he heard one of the people yell, Evin moved down the step's again before squeesing through a couple of boxes and looked around seeing a couple of walkers, he ran towards them and slipped between all three of them getting to the end of the hall and went up the stairs on that side of the floor and saw it was clear, he ran up. He panted getting up five more floors and stepped forward before looking up seeing it was blocked, he looked around on the floor he was on and saw it was clear.

Evin went over to the window and looked outside before stepping back fast feeling his heart sink a bit, he turned away ''Fuck.'' he looked around seeing the stairs on the other end stopped at the same floor, he thought about his next move, hearing them coming up the stairs, he went over and grabbed a copy machine and pushed it over to the stairs using what little strength he had left to get it there then waited ''He's here.'' he heard and let the copy machine got, letting it fall down the step's hitting one as he shot. The bullet hit Evin in his right calf ''Fuck.'' he fell to his left and turned over pushing himself away taking his revolver up and aimed to the corner of the stairs, once they came around he shot getting one in the head, after that he rolled over and pushed off the ground and hissed as he limped to the end of the hall and saw a fire escape out the window, he went over and smashed the window with the bottom of his revolver and turned hearing more, he aimed to them shooting hitting one in the shoulder while another ran at him.

Evin got outside and limped to the steps climbing them, the guy that chased after him grabbed his right leg pulling him down, Evin turned and aimed the revolver at him shooting him in the head ''Idiot.'' he got up and limped up the step's getting higher and higher before getting to a ladder leading up to the roof. He holstered the revolver and started climbing not thinking about how high he was going, he got to the top of the ladder and pulled himself onto the roof before rolling over and laid down looking up as the rain hit his face lightly a couple drop's at a time from the drizzle. He sighed out shutting his eye's just breathing, the sting in his leg made him open his eye's and sit up, he took his backpack off and looked inside moving thing's around before pulling out an old shirt and got his knife out stabbing it, ripping it up into strip's and pulled his cargo pant leg up seeing the entry wound and felt around the inside of his leg realizing the bullet was still in his leg, he hung his head ''Fuck me.'' he muttered and placed the strip over the bleeding part and pulled it tighter moving his head down and to the side bitting his tongue.

He breathed in and sighed out heavily before getting his backpack on and looked over hearing someone coming up the ladder, he got up and moved over to a roof top fan before they got up, Evin held his knife and listened hearing them take their gun out. He knew the guy saw the blood he left behind and looked at the ground from where he went afterwards seeing there wasn't a trail and rested his head on the large metal box behind him ''I know your up here.'' Evin heard him take a step and moved away from him moving around the metal box knowing he'd be looking for him ''There's no way off this roof unless you have a parachute, which I didn't see on you.'' Evin rolled his eye's seeing he was this kind of guy, he looked at his knife before leaning over peeking around seeing the guy walking past where he was, Evin moved so he was crouched, he clenched his jaw tightly as he crouch walked around the metal box, feeling the pressure in his calf, he looked around before standing and walked behind the guy slowly and quietly, he then got there and placed the blade on his neck. Evin then took his gun and pressed it against the guy's back ''You're gonna tell me what I wanna know.'' he stated, the guy scoffed and Evin moved the gun shooting the guy's heals, he screamed out and fell to his knee's, Evin made sure the knife was still pressed to his neck and the gun to his back ''Ok.'' he ordered, the guy nodded and Evin smiled ''The asian, where was he last seen?'' he asked, the guy's eye's moved around a bit ''What?'' Evin pressed the gun more into his back ''Ok, ok, he was last seen on Staten Island.'' Evin thought about that.

''Doing what?'' he asked the guy was quiet, Evin sighed and moved the gun up pressing it into the wound in his left shoulder from his bullet, the guy yelped ''Gather supplise, I don't fucking know.'' Evin nodded knowing Monte was to smart to get seen ''Did it look like he knew he was being watched?'' Evin asked needing more information, the guy nodded ''We were told to secure the island.'' the guy stated, Evin nodded ''I woman was seen this morning around an arcade in Brooklyn.'' the guy stated, Evin thought about that and nodded ''Thank you.'' he stated before bringing his hands up and snapped his neck before pushing him over, Evin took his bag off before putting the new gun inside and put his knife away limping to the ladder before looking around, he took his bag off limping back away from the ladder and took his map out knowing he needed a hospital and focused on the area of Brooklyn.