Chapter seventy nine: The Water

Monte looked at the controls hearing the engine going still so he stepped to the side looking to the back seeing Evin sitting outside looking at New York in the distance, Monte walked out and looked over seeing the smoke from some of the buildings ''Looks like we got out just in time.'' Evin nodded and turned looking to Monte before looking down ''What if the other's were there?'' he asked and looked over at the city again, Monte stood there with his arm's crossed over his chest and moved over sitting dwon and looked over to the city ''We would've found them, or crossed path's with them.'' he explained and looked to Evin who was still looking at the city ''But-'' ''Evin.'' he looked to Monte ''It's fine, I'm sure Jonathan and Carson are in different cities, that radio, someone would've said something.'' Evin looked at him and nodded before looking back towards the city, Monte sighed getting up and looked to the land. He turned heading back into where the controls were and went down into the small sleeping area seeing Alexander holding his blanket while sleeping with his siblings sleeping beside him, Monte turned to the small table and looked over the map that was in the boat to see where they would end up.

Evin looked over the boat watching the motors moving the dark water making it a bright white as it moved the water behind them, he stood up fast seeing paper white hands reach out of the water through the bubbling water. He hand his hands infront of him a bit spread and stared at the edge's of the boat. Monte looked around coming back and saw Evin looked a bit panicked ''Evin?'' he turned looking to Monte ''You ok?'' he asked, Evin calmed down a bit and looked around ''Uh, yeah, fine.'' he stated and went over to the seat near the small spot where the controls were having his back against the wall, Monte looked to him before going over and sitting on a seat beside the one he was sitting on with his back to the water ''You know that I know right?'' he asked and looked to Evin ''Know what?'' Evin asked lifting his leg up to be elevated on the bench next to him, Monte looked at him ''You're schizophrenia.'' Evin looked at him worried but saw Monte wasn't looking at him like he was insane.

Monte turned his head a bit and looked forward ''My Yéyé-'' Monte stopped himself and looked to Evin ''My Grandpa, he had it, but I don't think it was as bad as yours.'' Evin looked at him and leaned into the wall ''What was his like?'' Monte sighed out sitting up a bit ''At first we all thought it was just alzheimer's but then he started talking to walls and watching the tv when there was nothing on.'' Monte stated and looked at him ''Then my parent's put him into a home, I have no idea where he is right now.'' he stated and looked towards the land, Evin stared at him ''So, you don't know what mine is?" Monte lifted his head bitting his lip a bit ''Jon told me you see things, you have nightmares, he told me how to calm you down incase he wasn't around to do so.'' Evin looked at him then looked down nodding ''Did he tell you about my outbursts?'' Monte looked at him and nodded, Evin nodded and looked at his leg.

''How is it?'' Evin smiled ''You should as LJ for tips.'' Monte smiled and stood up going back into the small area where the controls where, Evin turned himself resting his head on the wall and let himself fall asleep. Monte turned looking at the land knowing where to dock when they got closer, he peeked down the step's leading down into the sleeping area where Alex and the twins were before sitting up on the stool behind the wheel, he reached to his bag and brought it up before digging into his bag and brought out the tiny black box and opened it lookinga the ring he found, it was a silver band with the slightest details on it, he smiled thinking about Jon knowing he was alive somewhere, they just needed to find him.