Chapter two: The Side Stores

The group slowed down and Roy looked at the street with the stores before turning to them clapping his glove covered hands ''Smaller groups right?'' he stated and looked at them ''Jon and Evin, you can take the first two stores, Charlie, Tony and Bill, take the next two, Emily and Lewis can take the two after that and Dean, Steve and Liam take the ones after that, me and Darrel will stay on the road, make sure it's clear for when you guy's come out.'' he explained, they all nodded agreeing with the decision. They headed to the stores they were assigned as the wind blew the snow lightly across the blanketed street. Jon and Evin entered a store and looked around seeing immediately that it was a wine shop ''I don't think there's anything in here.'' Jon walked over looking at the different drinks, the one's that weren't smashed on the ground ''Don't you wanna suprise Carson with a bottle?'' he asked looking to Evin before looking at them more, Evin smiled walking over looking at them ''I don't like wine, and as far as I know neither does he.'' Evin stated seeing white wines, red wines and one's with fancy names.

Lewis opened a door letting Emily inside, she held her fireaxe and saw it was clear seeing it was a record stop, Lewis stepped in a smiled ''I thought i'd never find a store like this.'' he stated seeing CD's to the left and records to the right, Emily turned smiling ''What? Do you have a record player in one of the houses?'' Lewis shook his head walking over ''My Niece wanted to get her friend a record for christmas.'' he stated looking through them, Emily walked over moving some of the vinyls before picking one up, she turned seeing record players on a thick shelf to hold them up and walked over seeing there was a cordless one but knew it was fine to get one with a cord since there was power in the zone, she turned and held the vinyl up ''We could take some of the players back and give them out while leaving one in that big building Carson and those in the kitchen are clearing out for a christmas party.'' Lewis looked at him ''Party?'' Emily smiled ''It was supposed to be a secret until the twenty third but... I'm not very good a keeping secrets.'' she stated and looked down to the chirstmas record she held.

Charlie opened the door hearing the bell ring above the door's glancing up to it before looking around, he stepped aside letting Tony and Bill go in, he turned seeing Dean, Steve and Liam walk by, he felt bad that Steve was with the new guys. He turned entering the store seeing it was a tattoo parlor, Charlie had a feeling there wouldn't be much in here but knew they needed to check it out anyways. Bill walked in more aiming his gun ahead of him before moving down the small hall and opened the only door there seeing it was a storage room, he lowed the gun and moved it behind him with the strap and went into the walk in storage room and looked at the stuff on the shelves. He stopped seeing cleaning supplies, he turned seeing the store was empty ''Do we need cleaning supplies?'' he asked raising his voice a bit but not in a yelling tone. Tony walked over and looked into the room seeing the supplise he was talking about ''Get it, just in case.'' he stated and turned looking to the front of the parlor seeing Charlie looking through some of the stuff on the small tables.

Steve walked ahead of the two new guys and opened the door for them letting them inside, Dean took his machette out and swung cutting half way through a walkers head, Liam took his dagger out and stabbed the second walker. Steve walked inside letting the door shut behind him and turned the small light on that was attached to the strap of his bag and looked at them ''What did you guys do before this?'' he asked, the two turned to him ''Animal breeder.'' Liam explained holstering his dagger and turned ''Cashier.'' Dean added holstering his machette, the two then looked around seeing what kind of store it was, it seemed like a small grocery store, like a gas station without the pumps for gas outside. Steve walked over to the desk that was to the side and looked behind while Dean and Liam walked around the wrecked store, all the food down on of the isles was on the floor, the shelves in this isle being broken, he saw there were different boxes of candy, he smiled picking up the box and looked at the small baby bottle looking things knowing what they were having a feeling the kids back in the zone would like them along with the other candy there.

Darrel looked down the road where the other's went into the stores while Roy looked the way they would be going after to head back to the zone ''There's lot's of people going on runs now, and plenty of people who are training to go on runs.'' Darrel stated speaking to Roy behind him, Roy nodded ''Yeah, we'll be able to search the larger buidlings.'' Darrel nodded ''Or go to the airport.'' Roy turned and looked at him ''You're still thinking about that?'' Darrel turned and looked at him nodding ''If we have a meeting to talk about it, get their opinions, that's when I'll drop it, I just wanna say my part to them, if they agree, fantastic we can go, if they disagree I'll never mention the airport again.'' Darrel explained, Roy stared at him before sighing looking to the side before nodding ''Fine, but I'm holding you too that.'' Darrel nodded understanding and turned facing his back to Roy as they waited for the rest.