Chapter seventy three: The Abandoned

Carson pushed the door open and moved through the gap before getting inside ''Veronica?'' he called and stepped forward looking around, he headed upstairs and looked around ''Veronica where are you?'' he called and ran down the hall looking in all the rooms, he got to her room and looked inside and sighed before turning and kicking the small garbage can before seeing a note on the wall by the door, he took the note and read over it ''Coast?'' he lowered the note thinking about what was on the note "Why would he be going to the coast?'' he turned and looked around the room before leaving and heading to the stairs folding the note and headed down, he put the note in his pocket and went over to where the water and food was seeing all of it was gone ''Fuck.'' he turned and took his bag off looking inside, he had one water bottle and no food. He thought about when they could've left knowing Shawn wouldn't want them to stick around meaning he needed to get to the coast fast. He hurried to the front doors and slipped out before going to the road looking around trying to figure out where the coast would be.

Carson started walking forward hopping he would be heading the right way or at least find a map in one of the buildings, he stopped and looked to his left hearing multipile gun shots and headed towards it. He pulled his pistol out and got close to the wall before the shot's stopped ''Jesus, where are they all coming from?'' someone asked, Carson could tell it wasn't Shawn meaning these weren't his people. He turned and headed away from them and turned into the alley ''You hear about those people in the city.'' Carson stopped hearing them and turned walking back over and stood with his hands behind his back as they came around where he was a while ago ''Yeah, heard they took out one of our places, apparently someone turned on the others, nasty stuff.'' Carson smiled a bit as they passed by him, he stepped out seeing there were only two of them and raised his gun walking over placing the barrel to the back of one of their heads ''I just wanna know where the coast is, point me in that direction and I'll leave Boston.'' the guy raised his hands as his friend turned around seeing this ''Just... K... Keep heading that way, there will be sign's, like... Sign's that we put up.'' the guy stated and pointed behind Carson where they came from.

Carson nodded and stepped back keeping his gun on them, the two turned looking at him ''You friends with that guy?'' one asked, Carson stared at them stopping ''I'd need more details.'' the guy smiled a bit ''The guy that ended up shooting someone in one of our bases, a guy that helped him take our that outpost?'' he explained, Carson shook his head ''I wanna kill him.'' he stated and lowered the gun before turning and running down the street before turning right heading in the direction they pointed him in, he knew Shawn would've stopped somewhere for the night only to get them moving again in the morning so he had to hope he could catch up before they get on a boat.