Chapter nineteen: The New Deputy

Roy went up the step's and sighed knocking on the door before stepping back holding his hands behind him waiting for the door to open, Evin answered the door and looked to Roy ''Hey.'' he stated and stepped aside to let him inside but Roy shook his head ''That's alright, I just came by to ask you a question.'' Evin looked to him before closing the door a bit to keep the cold air out ''I know it's sudden and imediately after everything happened but... I need there to be someone on the runs who can be sort of my backup.'' Evin saw where this conversation was going ''Would you like to be my second in command? With your detecive skills and the way you look at situations, you'd be the perfect fit for the position.'' Evin paused for a moment thinking about the question he looked to the side and smiled looking to Roy ''I'd love to.'' Roy smiled ''Great, uh, this mean's I'll come to you to talk about runs.'' Evin nodded smiling a bit, Roy nodded with a smile still on his lip's before nodding and turned around, Evin moved back from the door shutting it before turning and saw Carson ''You should've told him.'' Evin looked away ''It'll be fine, I've never... Had something happen while on a run.'' he stated knowing what Carson was talking about.

''Just... I feel like more people should know.'' Evin stared at him ''Why, you think I'll do something?'' Carson walked to him holding his arms while Evin crossed them over his chest ''So that if something happens they know how to help.'' Evin looked at him then looked to the side ''Jonathan goes on runs with us, he'll be there if anything was to happen.'' Carson looked at him ''What if he's not near you when something happens?'' he asked, Evin looked at him then looked to the side thinking about it ''I just don't wanna hear how you drove a car into a building because you saw.... Something.'' Evin looked to him ''One, I don't drive the truck, two I'm getting better.'' he stated, Carson stared at him trying to see if he was telling the truth, seeing that Evin wasn't looking at him fully, he then let his hands drop ''Alright, go tell Jonathan the good news.'' Carson stated, Evin smiled and went to the door getting his shoes on before leaving the house. Carson turned seeing Connor at the top of the stairs ''Hey.'' he stated walking to the stairs while Connor went down.

Connor stopped a couple of step's away from Carson ''Tell Roy what?'' he asked, Carson sighed with a slight smile ''That's really something Evin will tell you, and he will.'' Carson stated raising his eye brows to Connor, he nodded and went the rest of the step's before walking around Carson and to the front door ''Where are you going?'' he asked seeing Connor holding a couple of comic books ''Mia and uh... A i d e n?'' he signed Aiden's name and looked to Carson ''Mia and him are teaching me and Emma how to do sign language, just the basic's right now then more stuff like full sentences later.'' Carson smiled "Maybe you could teach me after wards?'' Carson stated stepping back going down the hall towards the kitchen, Connor smiled and left the house going down the street, Evin knocked on the door to Jon's house and looked to the street seeing Connor walking to LJ's home, he turned back as the door opened seeing Jonathan smiling ''Hey.'' Evin moved inside past him and Jon shut the door ''Roy asked me to be his new second in command.'' Jon smiled ''That's great, why do you sound sad about it?'' Evin sighed and hung his head ''Carson want's me to tell Roy my... Condition.'' Jonathan stared at him ''You have two of those, both thing's would be helpful for him to know.'' Evin glared at him ''Alright funny man, I meant the mental thing.'' he stated, Jonathan brought his hands up beside his head.

''So just go talk to him about it.'' Evin smiled ''I'm fine, getting better really.'' Evin stated, Jon smiled seeing Evin look away once saying that, Jon brought his arms up crossing them over his chest ''Really?'' Evin nodded and looked down before looking to Jonathan ''So, what, you just don't get scared of the dark anymore, don't see thing's in the corrner of your eye's.'' Evin looked to the stairs pushing Jon back into the living room ''Keep your voice down, Monte's probably upstairs.'' he stated and leaned forward looking to the stairs, Jon froze ''Uh, right... Sorry.'' he stated, Evin looked to him ''Did you tell him?'' Jonathan looked to Evin, eye's wide and shook his head ''No.'' Evin sqinted looking to him ''Liar.'' he accused, Jon sighed and looked to the side ''I had to alright.'' Jon stated and moved his hands under his arms looking to Evin ''You're just telling everyone about me.'' Jon grabbed Evin's arm as he tried leaving ''I've only told two people, Carson and Monte, someone I trust not to say anything and someone I know you trust... Have they told anyone, no.'' Jon stated looking at him ''I don't wanna fight about something that's easily dismissed.'' Jonathan stated and let go of Evin's arms.