Chapter ninety seven: The Mutated

Jonathan moved the car to the side of the road looking around the city before looking to Aviana ''There's a gas station up ahead, I'll be right back.'' he stated and got out of the car looking around, Aviana leaned over ''I came with you so you wouldn't be alone.'' she stated, Jon stopped and looked back in to her ''What if something happens to both of us?'' he asked looking at her, Aviana moved back and got out of the car shutting the door and looked at him over the roof of the car seeing the rain was lightening up, Jonathan stared at her waiting for a response ''You have a point, but if you kept that in mind, then why did I come along?'' Jon stared at her and smiled a bit before looking down the street ''Fine.'' he shut the door ''If we get swarmed run back here.'' he stated pointing to the car before walking down the street, Aviana moved away from the car and followed him down the street. Jon checked the backpack strap for the walkie talkie but saw it wasn't there, he took his bag off stopping in the road taking his bag off and looked inside ''I left the walkie talkie.'' he called, Aviana stopped a couple of feet from him and Jon turned only to see a rocket fly to the car blowing it up.

Aviana watched the car go up in flames, flipping over, Jonathan looked down the street where the rocket came from and turned running to Aviana running past her, Aviana turned and followed him as they booked it down the road running into a building. Jonathan shut the door and stepped back ''Was that rocket launcher?'' she asked, Jon pushed away from the door ''I kind of don't wanna stay here and find out.'' he stated looking around seeing they were in an office building ''What's wrong with people?'' she questioned, Jonathan looked back to her ''I mean, it's the end of the world, I don't think people care on what they do anymore.'' he stated and went over to the back door of the building, Aviana followed him ''But it's only been four months.'' Jon looked at her and nodded ''Yeah, four months is a long time Avi.'' he stated and opened the door looking around ''Stay here.'' he stated and went across the alley to the door across from them opening it and looked around before turning waving for Aviana, she ran across and entered while Jon shut the door.

Jonathan turned to her ''How long will it take to get to Nashville on foot?'' he asked looking at her, Aviana took her bag off and pulled he map out moving over to a desk and cleared it off before laying it down, Jon walked over and looked over the map while she looked at it ''Two day's maybe.'' Jon sighed rubbing the back of his neck ''And if we find another cars it'll be this day?'' Aviana nodded and looked at him ''But that's also if we have enough gas and make it and if we don't get stopped by old traffic and people.'' Jonathan nodded, they both looked over to a door leading into the building more and looked at each other before Jon went over taking his knife out and listened against the door hearing the slight groaning yelp he heard back in Cleveland and looked over to Aviana ''Walkers.'' he whispered and Aviana nodded folding the map up putting it back in her bag walking over pulling her machette out and stood with him, Jonathan looked at her ''There were some in Cleveland, they were, agressive, more agressive then normal.'' he stated looking at her, Aviana stared at him ''What do you mean?'' she asked stopping him from opening the door.

Jonathan looked at her ''I mean, a couple of the zombies in Cleveland were banging on door's, screaming almost and.... They weren't exactly walkers.'' he stated and held the handle, Aviana nodded getting that they might be more dangerous and Jon pushed the door open looking around seeing the dead wondering around on the floor but knew there was one near by the door and looked around seeing the zombie to their right and put his hand infront of Aviana stopping her while he looked around trying to see how many of them there were seeing the front door on the other side of the floor ''Go for the door.'' Aviana looked at him ''I'll be right behind you just go for the door.'' he stated and moved her infront of him, Aviana looked at the zombies in this building, there were close to twenty in here, Jonathan brought his knife up and moved to the one to their right and stabbed it in the head while Aviana ran for the front door, Jonathan pushed it over and ran for the door as well, Aviana went faster before pushing the door open getting out onto the street and in the rain and looked back seeing Jonathan get tackled just as he was about to exit, he kicked the zombie off him and pushed off the ground getting out only to fall forward and rolled over seeing the same zombie climbing back ontop of him. He brought his knife up and stabbed it before pushing it off and got up running to Aviana.