Chapter eighty two: The Resilient

Carson sighed dropping the small needle and put his head back moving his left hand to the wound on the same side and shut his eye's having stayed up all night to ensure he didn't bleed out. He pushed up and sat up straight looking to his right arm that was resting beside him, the slightest movement hurt it, he reached over grabbing the large thin cloth he found and placed it on his lap breathing heavily from the movement and reached behind him getting rolled up new's paper putting it in his mouth before breathing fast for a bit getting ready for the pain and reached over picking his right arm up moving it. He bit down into the paper setting his arm down and moved the cloth wrapping it around his arm once before moving it up his arm bitting harder into the paper and stopped to make sure he didn't pass out from pain. After it settled down he kept going moving it up on his arm before reaching under his arm moving the cloth up and behind him on the couch he was sitting against and brought the other one up. He bent his knee's to hold his arm up bitting into the paper more before taking a small break, he reached over his head grabbing the other end of the cloth and placed it on his shoulder before trying his best to tie a knot with his left hand alone, after he got it he took the new's paper out of his mouth and tossed it to the side running his tonuge on his teeth tasting the paper.

He moved one end of the cloth into his mouth before holding it hard and pulled the two bit's apart to make it tight, once that was done he made another knot and did the same thing before pushing the cloth out of his mouth with his tounge and let his left hand rest before moving his leg's straightening them out seeing that it was now supported. Carosn put his head back breathing in before sighing out ''Fuck me.'' he muttered and shut his eye's before moving his head up and looked at the door in front of him, he's been listening to the dead moan and groan out the door all night. He looked to his arm knowing he was stupid for trying to fight him ill prepared, knowing that if Evin was there he'd be calling him stupid for trying it, he thought about where Shawn was going ''Coast... Boats.'' Carson shut his eye's feeling very tired knowing it would be dumb to try and get to the coast in the condition he was in.

He sighed with a smile before moving his left arm behind him and pushed himself up from the floor only to grab his left side feeling the sting and lifted his shirt looking down to the stitching job he did, knowing it probably wasn't the best. He lowered his shirt and looked around before walking over to the small tool box and picked up a wrench with his left hand and turned swinging it before feeling pain in his arm and side and chuckled a bit ''I'm gonna die.'' he bit his bottom lip thinking about it before slightly limping towards the front door knowing where his bag was, he thought about it before moving over and looked through the window seeing the horde, was basically gone, just a couple of stragglers, he looked around on the street seeing his backpack past all the walkers. He turned and looked at the area wanting to test how running effected his wound and arm. He got ready to run holding the wrench before running feeling the pain mostly in his stab wound, he got to the end and stopped before placing his hand on it and looked down seeing the stitches held a bit. He looked at the front door before walking back over ignoring the pain.