Chapter one hundred and three: The Enemy

Carson glanced to the clock on the dash seeing it was already two in the afternoon and sighed looking forward seeing it was still raining seeing that it was getting worse outside ''Carson, could we look for food?'' Alfie asked leaning to the side a bit, Carson smiled ''I was thinking the same thing bud.'' he stated and looked around as they entered the town, he was hesitant about the town but knew they needed food, he was wondering on weather or not he should bring Alfie in the store with him or not. He sighed out and figured they only needed a couple of snacks for the road since it was a non stop trip, he drove for a bit before getting to the gas station and pulled into it and looked at the gas meter knowing he would need to turn the car off for that and looked back to Alfie seeing him holding his bunny infront of him ''Hey, wanna go look for some snacks?'' he asked, Alfie looked to him and nodded moving to the side of the back seat while Carson got out, he looked around before turning and looked to the station ''Alfie wait.'' he called, Alfie stopped and looked back to him, Carson reached inside grabbing his bag pulling it over and took his wrench out getting his bag on and shut the door walking around.

''You can't just run in, there could be walkers inside.'' he stated and went to the door, Alfie looked around before walking over staying behind Carson, he opened the door and looked around before holding it open and let Alfie walk in ''Stay here.'' he whispered and went to the desk and peeked over seeing it was clear and looked around before walking down the hall towards the bathroom and looked inside before walking back to him and looked around and went to him ''Ok.'' he stated and crouched ''I'm gonna go refuel the car so we can make it all the way to Nashville, you pick out some food, not to much candy.'' he said and smiled a bit standing up, Alfie smiled and looked around before walking over and looked to the door looking through the glass seeing Carson walk outside, he took a couple step's away before Alfie saw someone to the side and went towards the door but saw Carson get hit in the back with the bat the guy had, Carson fell forward a bit before another guy tripped out his leg's.

Carson landed on his broken arm and gasped in pain before someone kicked him in the side where his stab wound was ripping his stiches open ''Get the kid.'' the guy said before kicking Carosn in the face turning him over onto his back, Carson panted a bit and waited for his leg to come close again before swinging the wrench over hitting him in the knee, the guy moved away ''Fucking, fuck.'' Alfie saw the guy turn looking back to them before looking around and running behind the desk seeing he was trapped inside, Carson sat up looking at him then looked at the other one ''Fighter huh?'' he asked looking at Carson's arm and saw the blood from his shirt ''You bit?'' he asked, the guy looked at him, Carson looked down and thought about it ''No.'' he stated and swung to the side hitting the guy's knee again before laying down and jumping up getting on his feet, he smiled a bit and flipped the wrench around before walking to him moving the wrench across his head before swinging back the guy blocked him before bunching him where the blood was coming from, Carson brought his left leg up before kneeing him in the gut pushing him to the door before swinging again only to be grabbed by the second guy being pulled back, he loosened the wrap over his arm and Carson turned bashing the guy in the head with the wrench before turning and elbowing the other one and bashing his head with the wrench and the wall.

He stepped panting a bit seeing his body fall limp and slide down the wall leaving a trail of blood, he turned and looked at the other guy seeing him trying to crawl away and went over placing the wrench on his back before pulling him over by the back of his shirt and picked the wrench up ''Are there more of you?'' he asked looking down at him, the guy stayed there ''Fuck you.'' he stated, Carson rolled his eye's and looked to the door's making sure Alfie didn't see any of this, he crouched down pressing his knee to the guy's back ''Listen and listen closely, I'm sick and tired of people trying to either kill to take me, so I want you to answer me, are there others?'' he asked as he got his knife out and placed it to the guy's left ear ''Yes, this whole town.'' Carson thought about that looking around ''Thank's.'' he stated and turned the knife stabbing the guy in the head through his ear.

Carson stood up and turned hearing something and saw someone aiming a gun at him ''Why don't you get that boy out here.'' he asked and he saw two more come out with pistols and knew he wouldn't be able to fight them ''I just want gas and to get somewhere.'' Carson stated, the guy smiled ''We don't care.'' Carson thought about it ''You want my bag?'' the guy shook his head ''Nope, we want you, maybe that kid of yours as well.'' Carson looked at him confused then thought about what that guy said ''One handed champion.'' Carson shook his head ''I just wanna find my people.'' he stated looking at them, they aimed at him and Carson could tell he wasn't getting out of this one ''Get the boy out here.'' he stated looking to his men ''Wait, can I move the bodies, please.'' the guy looked at him before nodding once, Carson knew they wouldn't help him and grabbed the arm of one and pulled him away moving him behind the building and looked around trying to think of something and came back around before grabbing the other one and pulled him around dropping him in the same spot, Carson came back and looked at them ''Alfie, come out.'' he called looking at them holding his left hand up.