Chapter nine: The Engagement

Evin sat infront of the checkers table and looked around at those around him in the hospital, these people were like him, the had their minds and were here for corectional help, trama and people suffereing from PTSD. As he scanned the room he could tell where these people were from, most of them were soldiers, other's were people abused or had their minds tormented by events, Evin got time to meet most of them, talk with them, he didn't mind it, he basically explained how he was one rank away from becoming a detective, they were happy for him. Evin noticed one of the doctors coming over to him. The doctor leaned forward a bit looking to Evin ''You have a visitor.'' Evin smiled and nodded getting up and followed him out of the large room, they walked down the hall before the doctor led him into the room with a round table and saw Jonathan sitting there, Jon got up smiling and went around hugging Evin ''How are you doing?'' he asked, Evin nodded and pulled away ''Good, this is a surprise though, you came on the twenty eighth?'' Jon smiled and nodded ''I uh, wanted you to meet someone, Anna, the girl I told you about?'' Evin looked over noticing Anna sitting there.

He walked over and sat down across from her ''It's good to finally meet you Evin.'' she stated while Jon sat down in the bend of the table between the two ''You too.'' Evin stated smiling at her, Anna had a bright smile, she had short brunette hair and bright blue eyes, Evin only got good vibes from her so he decided that he liked her ''Me and Anna are engaged.'' Jonathan informed Evin, he looked to him ''You'll be my best man, just... Waiting for you go get out of here.'' he stated, Evin smiled ''Only five months'' Jon nodded ''Since it's July thirteth that's to October first, I'll have you for your birthday.'' he stated looking to Evin, he nodded, Anna looked to Evin ''What do you do?'' Evin asked wanting to know her better ''I'm a children's author.'' she stated, Evin looked to him ''Really?'' Jon looked at him ''What, we went to the same author signing.'' he stated and looked to Anna ''Stephen King.'' Anna added and looked at him ''That's signing you went to, you met her?'' Jon nodded and looked to Anna, Evin saw the way Jon looked to her, his eye's dialated, his face seemed to aluminate happiness and it was clear to Evin that, he was in love.

Jonathan turned back to Evin looking at him ''You can ask her all the questions you want, I'll be right back, want anything to drink?'' he asked the both of them ''Water.'' Anna simply stated ''Same.'' Evin stated bringing his hands onto the table holding them together, Jonathan looked back before leaving the room. Evin looked to her ''So you both like Stephen King?'' he asked, Anna nodded ''He was getting a book signed when I accidently bumped into him, I was... Speed walking to that very line up.'' Evin smiled ''And made a fool of myself, spilling the coffee I had on both him and Stephen.'' Evin was shocked and smiled leaning back a bit ''Oh God.'' Anna nodded ''Yeah, that day was... Embarassing but, Jon helped.'' she stated and looked to Evin, he smiled ''He does that.'' he stated, Anna smiled and leaned forward a bit looking to him ''Could I ask something?'' Evin looked to her and nodded, she smiled a bit ''What's it like here?'' Evin smiled crossing his arm's over his chest ''Strange, I mean, I don't feel threatened or trapped, they've said how I can walk around outside just as long as I come back.'' Anna nodded ''So, not like movies at all?'' she asked, Evin smiled and shook his head, Anna smiled and sat up ''That's good, I've always stayed away from these places because of movies.'' Evin nodded agreeing with her.

''I was begging Jonathan not to bring me here, but I'm glad he did, my nightmares are that bad anymore, I'm not completely sure what med's they're using but whatever it is, it's working.'' he stated and looked back to Anna seeing his eye's moved to the side a bit, Anna nodded ''That's really good then, I know you're here for PTSD, but I promise that's all Jon has told me.'' Evin smiled ''Anna, it dosen't bother me.'' Evin reassured, Anna smiled and looked past him seeing Jonathan come back with a small tray with three cup's of water, he set the small tray on the table and handed the two their waters before sitting ''So, what'd I miss?'' he asked and looked to both of them, Anna smiled and shook her head ''Not that much.'' she stated taking a sip, Evin smiled and looked to Jon ''What have you been up to?'' he asked, Jonathan smiled ''Finished one of my books, White Rage.'' he stated, Anna smiled ''Yeah, and you haven't published it yet.'' she stated and looked to Evin ''He dosen't think it's worth publishing.'' Anna informed, Jon turned to Evin ''It's a draft.'' he stated, Anna looked at him ''One hundred and fifteen pages is a draft.'' Evin looked to him ''Hundred and fifteen?'' Jonathan sighed hanging his head before drinking some of his water seeing where the conversation was going.