Chapter sixty seven: The Deceitful

Shawn came back down the stairs and looked at Marc holding the sniper ''Taken care of.'' Marc nodded checking one of the bodies on the first floor ''When are you going to do your plan?'' Shawn looked at him setting the ritfle down on the table ''What plan?'' Marc smiled getting up not finding anything and looked at him ''You wanting to become a leader?'' Shawn stared at him and smiled slightly ''What makes you think I wanna be a leader?'' he asked, Marc walked over to him ''You remember the small party thing Rebecca held for you when you joined?'' he asked looking at him, Shawn looked to the side before nodding and looked at him ''Well, you got pretty wasted, and you were telling me about how one of these days you'd be taking Monte's and Jon's place as leader of this group.'' Marc stated, Carson slowed down getting to the end of the hall and stayed near the wall hearing them talking. Shawn looked around before stepping towards him ''I don't know what your talking about.'' Shawn stated, Marc smiled ''If your worried about Carson hearing he's upstairs, besides you said you had a plan for him aswell.'' Marc stated and moved around Shawn looking at the ritfle.

Shawn breathed in ''How much did I say?'' he asked, Marc smiled picking the sniper up ''Said you wanted to get rid of Monte maybe Jonathan but Monte was more important to you since everyone listened to him more. You said if Jon would to get in the way you'd threaten to do something to Evin since their brothers.'' Shawn nodded, Carson leaned his back agasint the wall listening to this and hung his head knowing Shawn was no good. Shawn turned around and looked at him ''I don't need to tell them but, I'd like to be included in your plans.'' Marc stated and looked at him, Shawn raised his eye brows ''How do you mean?'' Marc turned setting the sniper down and looked back to him ''Like a... Second in command person.'' Shawn nodded thinking ''Marc stepped forward ''What were you going to do you make sure Carson dosen't interfere?'' Carson rolled his eye's hearing all this wanting to just turn the corner and get it over with but wanted to see if they said anything else, he reached behind him getting his pistol out having a feeling if Shawn knew he was here he'd be gone since they would've been working together.

''I work best alone Marc.'' Shawn informed, Marc smiled and turned to the side walking over to the window to look around, Shawn moved over towards him ''We could even leave Carson alone and just take Veronica, start our own group, settlement, rebuild everything away from cities.'' Shawn got closer and nodded ''Yeah, that's a good idea.'' he stated and wrapped his hand around Marc's mouth before stabbed a knife into his back ''But again, I work better, alone.'' he stated twisting the knife, Marc grabbed Shawn's hand over his mouth placing his other hand on the wall. Shawn took the knife out only to stab and twist again, he did the same thing five more times before taking the knife out and laid him on the ground on his back. He stood up and breathed in putting his knife away before taking the pistol out he looked to Marc's body then looked at one of the bodies on that floor, he aimed at Marc shooting him before shooting the other guy. Carson heard everything before pushing away from the wall and turned going to the corner turning, Shawn looked over ''We need to leave.'' he stated and moved over picking up the sniper.

Carson looked over to Marc's body seeing a bunch of blood surrounding his body and the blood around his head, Carson kept his gun down looking at the body, Shawn turned ''What happened?'' Carson asked curious about what he would say ''This guy came in, must've been a straggler, shot Marc right in the head I wasn't fast enough.'' Carson nodded and smiled a bit before turning to look at Shawn as he got the sniper up and went to the front door ''Did you always want to be the leader?'' Shawn pasued hearing Carson ask ''What?'' he asked, Carson turned and kept the pistol in his direction ''Did you wanna be the leader from the moment you entered that mall or did that come later, when we made it to the small building afterwards? Or maybe it was when we got to the zone.'' Carson stated, Shawn turned and looked at him ''Don't get me wrong this is very believable, I can even see the one you would've shot there's just something wrong with the setup, I mean you were trying to get me out of here as fast as possible so I wouldn't be able to... See where people where.'' he explained and looked at Shawn.

''I think the scariest thing about you is the fact you can lie perfectly.'' Shawn stared at him ''I mean, it was an ambush.'' Carson looked at him confused ''Came out of no where, we weren't prepared for it at all.'' Carson looked at his face, seeing he looked concerned and sad just talking about something that didn't even happen ''I couldn't tell if Carson got away but, they did get Marc and Tabitha, I'm sorry.'' he stated, Carson stared at him ''That is of course if I let you leave, which I won't because if you somehow get back to us... You'll just ruin things.'' Shawn stated before bringing his gun up. Carson ducked as he pulled the trigger and ran back going around the corner ''Come on Carson, show me why you're a leader when the other two aren't around.'' he stated smiling and dropped his thing's, Carson thought about this, he could either fight Shawn which could result in his death or leave, he looked at the end of the hall listening to Shawn aproching him along with his heart, pounding in his throat ''Carson, I'm not gonna chase you through this building.

Carson looked at the window before pushing away from the wall and raised the gun shooting the window three time's before running to the slightly broken glass and jumped into it, Shawn got there as the whole window broke and looked over seeing Carson left, he walked over calmly and stood at the edge looking around seeing the broken glass then looked around seeing Carson was gone. Shawn turned and put his gun away heading back to the front door. Carson leaned against the wall and shut his eye's to calm his heart listening for Shawn but didn't hear anything. He pushed away from the wall and peeked around seeing Shawn wasn't there he turned back ''Veronica.'' he pushed away and moved down the alley though the building needing to get to her before Shawn.