Chapter ten: The Concealed

Lewis stopped outside the house he believed to be Veronica's home, he knocked on the door before bringing his hand up breathing into to his hand to smell his breath, he lowered his hand fast moving it behind him holding his hands behind him as the door opened, Veronica peeked out having the door open a slight bit ''Hello?'' she asked not letting Lewis see her face ''Veronica?'' he asked, it went silent for a bit and Lewis looked inside seeing there was a lot of smoke in the darkness ''Hello, what can I help you with?'' she asked not opening the door more, Lewis moved closer to the door taking a pad of sticky notes out getting suspicious and started writting ''I came to... Get that vinyl you wanted to give to Emma's friend?'' he asked before handing the note threw the small gap, Veroncia moved her hand slowly taking the note before looking at it behind the door, Lewis waited to hear some kind of answer ''Yes.'' she stated and shut the door, Lewis moved over to the window and peeked inside.

He saw Theodore, the teacher for all those little kids that were Amber and Timothy's age, smoking with a glass of something in his hand while he looked at a TV, Lewis could see the living room, seeing it was neatly kept, the light's were off in this room but further into the house, past the living room was the kitchen where he saw Tabitha sitting with her little sister Patricia in the kithcen, Veronica then headed into the living room and to a shelf, he could tell Theodore was talking to her, seeing his lip's moving. He glared to Theodore knowing and trusting Veronica on her answer. Veronica picked up the record before turning, Lewis moved and went back to the door and waited, Veronica opened the door a little bit again and passed the record through the small gap ''Here you go, tell her friend to take care of it.'' Lewis nodded ''I will.'' he stated and grabbed her hand before she could take it back in. He wanted to say something but could tell her husband was listening so he let go letting her take her hand back slowly before shutting the door.

Lewis stepped back before turning and heading down the step's knowing he needed to tell someone, he walked down the street before getting back to the house, he headed inside and got his shoes off before going into the living room and sat down. He had everything ready to wrap up the record with a note he made before hand, he placed it down before placing the note on the record it basically said stuff about being careful with the record, to make sure it wasn't just tossed to the side when done and to say thank's to Veronica. Lewis stared at it before getting up and going to the door getting his boot's on again, not being able to wrap it, he needed to inform Monte on what he learned.

Lewis knocked on the door and waited, when Monte opened the door he was a bit happy ''Hi.'' right away Monte could tell something was wrong ''Hi?'' he asked and let Lewis inside, he stepped in and turned looking to Monte ''Veronica's being abused.'' Monte looked at him a bit shocked and shut the door looking past him at Jon who walked over with Alex before heading upstairs ''Um, why the large accuastion?'' Lewis looked at him ''She told me.'' Monte looked at him, he paused and looked to the side ''Ok, she opened the door just enough to speak to me and pass me thing's, I wrote her a note asking, are you safe, and she replied yes. But I know something's wrong because of the way she said it. And what do I see when looking in through the window, her husband Theodore drinking and smoking, all of the sign's of abuse are there.'' he explained, Monte looked at him ''Lewis, Theo is the teacher of the kids under the age of fifteen, I just find it hard that he abusise his wife.'' Lewis sighed and hung his head ''Then... Just...'' he narrowed his eye's, Monte saw this bothered him.

''If you can get one of the girls to outright say he's abusive then I will have Shawn and those on the police team to arrest him, arlight?'' Lewis looked at him and nodded ''Yeah, alright.'' Lewis stated and left the house, Monte's eye's widened a bit before he turned and shut the door after the man and turned seeing Jonathan coming back down and leaned on the railing looking to Monte as he walked over ''Was he alright?'' Monte sighed holding the poles for the railing ''There might be an abusive man.'' he stated and looked up at him, Jonathan lost his smile and hung his head ''The people here were to good to be true.'' Monte smiled slightly before leaning forward ''I have to tell Frank about Theo, so he can watch him.'' he stated and pushed away from the railing.