Chapter forty six: The Broken

Jonathan parked the car outside the hospital and looked around for a moment seeing how there were cars parked outside but looked to the building getting an empty feeling from it ''Hey, uh, can I head in alone real quick?'' he asked looking to his lawyer, he nodded, he looked to the hospital before getting out of the car and walked over putting his hands in his sweater pocket, he got to the door and opened the door, the first thing he noticed was the smell of the building, it smelled rotten, he looked around and saw the blood, and bodies. Doctor's and nurses laying around the whole front area, he looked around seeing the light's of the place were still on, and went inside shutting the door behind him wanting the full story before getting the lawyer, seeing this would be hard to explain, he looked around figuring one thing. One of the paitents must've snapped. He went over to the front desk and looked behind seeing the reseptionist dead, he turned and brought his left hand up in a fist, pressing it to his lip's. He swallowed it down before sighing shutting his eye's, he turned and looked around before moving over to the stairway.

He entered it seeing this was probably the only area that wasn't bloody, he looked at the railing seeing handprint's of blood going up, he moved up the step's not seeing blood dripping to the stairs themselves so it meant the person wasn't ingured. He made it to the second floor before opening the door and moved back shutting it and shook his head moving to the side, throwing up in the corner, the sent was stronger here. He kept his hands on his knee's before pushing up and pushed the air out of his mouth before turning and opened the door again stepping out into the hall and looked around seeing more bodies, like they had doubled, the more he looked at them he noticed it was staff mixed with other paitients, he looked around panicking a bit ''Evin?'' he called and looked down the hall both ways before stepping forward a bit, he moved down the hall stepping over the bodies laying in the hall and saw the first security guard, dead on the ground, with a pair of scissors in his neck, he turned right looking into the office where the main doctor would be and stepped in seeing five more security guards laying dead on the ground. He listened a bit hearing humming and his heart sank.

He looked to the door infront of him before stepping over another guard and walked over opening the door slowly, the humming was a bit clearer and he peeked inside seeing Evin rocking back and forth on the ground infront of the main doctor. Jonathan pushed the door open a bit before it hit something, his head shot that way and the humming stopped. He looked to Evin seeing he stopped rocking, Evin moved his hands to his side and Jon saw the knife in his hand ''Evin?'' he asked, speaking calmly. Jonathan stepped forward and Evin moved his head a bit looking to the corner of his eye's, Jon saw this was dangerous and thought about the song he was humming ''This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.'' he started singing a bit, Evin was frozen, Jon took a step forward ''This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.'' he stated taking another step forward. He could see Evin relax a bit and nodded ''This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.'' Jonathan took one last step and waited a bit to hear Evin say his part.

''Let it shine... Let it shine.... Let it shine..'' Jon moved to Evin side slowly getting Evin to look up at him, Jon saw the little brother of his sitting there, looking like a scared child, Evin looked around seeing the doctor and moved back fast, Jonathan went to him and crouched down infront of him holding his hands infront of him ''Hey, it's fine, alright.'' Evin looked at him then looked to his hands and started shaking, Jon grabbed his face and looked at him ''Evin, it's fine.'' he looked at Jon his heart racing ''Hey, I need you to breathe.'' Evin grabbed Jon's jacket before moving forward hugging him ''They were gonna hurt me.'' Evin spoke finally, Jon hugged him back moving back a bit to keep them steady, he rubbed Evin's back with his left hand and held his head to his shoulder with his right hand ''I know... I know.'' Jon stated to calm him down and felt Evin's breathing calm down and decided they would stay here for a moment then thought about how long it might've took Evin to do all this ''Uh, do you trust me?'' he asked pulling Evin away from him, Evin nodded and Jon noded back getting up. He checked himself before looking around and looked to Evin ''Stay here, alright?'' he asked looking down to him before moving out of the room shutting the door.

Jonathan looked around and walked over grabbing a cloth from the assistants desk from a tray sitting there, he pulled it seeing it was long enough and went back to the room, he went inside and shut the door turning to Evin ''I'm gonna blind fold you, alright?'' Evin looked at him ''Why?'' Jon thought about it ''Um... It's a game.'' he stated and crouched infront of him, Evin looked at him ''What kind of game?'' he asked confused, Jon smiled a bit ''Uh... Ok, um... Not a game, there's monsters in the hall, if you can't see them, they can't see you.'' he stated and moved the cloth, Evin stopped him ''What about you?'' he asked concerned, Jonathan smiled ''I'll be ok, I have to lead you through the hall, get us outside.'' Evin thought for a moment before nodding, Jon moved forward and tied the cloth behind Evin's head and brought his hands back ''Ready?'' he asked, Evin nodded and Jon helped him to his feet seeing the dried blood on his hands, he turned Evin before opening the door and turned to him. Evin was holding Jon's arm with both his hands, like he did when he was little, Jon turned and started leading Evin out and into the hall.