Chapter thirty seven: The Holiday

Shawn stood at the gas pump trying to figure out how to use it without a card while Carson and Marc carried stuff to the car from the station, Carson looked down the road as the sun came up more and contiued to the car. He put the things inside and looked to Tim as he touched his arm ''Merry Christmas.'' he stated and handed Carson something in a plastic bag, he looked to the bag then to Tim before trading with him, giving him a bag of chips and held the plastic bag ''I was in the middle of wrapping it when... The dead got in.'' Carson looked at him then down at the present before smiling ''I wish I grabbed your present.'' he stated and looked to him, Tim's eyes brightened up ''You got me something?'' Carson nodded, then thought about it ''It was kind of a gift from me and Evin.'' he stated and looked to Tim ''Maybe when the horde seperates enough we'll go back.'' Timothy smiled and nodded, Carson smiled and shut the door looking over to Shawn before getting inside letting.

Carson looked down at the plastic bag and glanced behind him seeing Amber asleep in the seat next to Tabitha with Neptune on her lap sleeping as well, he smiled and turned forward opening the plastic bag and saw it was a camera that was half wrapped with propper wrapping paper, he smiled and took the wrapping paper off before putting it into the bag and put the garbage in the small hard plastic pocket in the door of the car looking at the camera, it was a poloroid making him think as to how Timothy got this and turned looking back to him sitting on the right side of Veronica and Patrica ''How did you get this?'' he asked, Timothy looked up to him and smiled ''Evin found it on one of the earlier runs... Around the time when we showed up.'' Timothy explained, Carson smiled and turned forward thinking about the runners who had gone into the city, how they never did come back to the zone.

Carson looked down at the poloroid resting in his hands on his thighs, he moved it forward placing it on the dash before moving the seat belt around and buckled up taking the camera again wanting to try it out, he smiled and turned it around placing his hand on the button ''Everyone say cheese.'' he stated and waited seeing everyone look up, they all smiled saying the word before he snapped the picture and waited a bit knowing how these type's of cameras worked then turned forward, he watched as the camera printed out a new picture, he took it moved it a bit before turning it and looked at the picture as it came out, he was surprised that he got everyone in including Neptune and Amber who were sleeping. Marc got into the car through the trunk before shutting it and climbed over the very back seat and laid down setting the bag of food beside him, Veronica turned around looked to him, she then reached around going for the bag and Marc grabbed her arm sitting up leaning forward to her ''That's my stuff.'' he stated looking to her, Veronica stared at him, Marc smiled and twisted her wrist a bit ''Do I make myself clear?'' he whispered, Timothy looked to Veronica hearing him, Veronica made no reaction to the pain and just nodded, Marc smiled and let go of her wrist.

Veronica turned back and noticed Tim looking at her but decided not to say anything about it, feeling like Marc would try something Timothy hung his head ignoring the coversation for the time being, Shawn finished with the gas and brought the pump back to the station and looked over seeing a zombie leaving the woods. He went around the car and got inside starting it up before driving off, Carson looked back seeing the zombie before turning forward ''How far are we from the city?'' Veronica asked towards the front ''One day, we should be reaching Montreal in a couple hours.'' Tabitha explained and turned around looking at her mom, Veronica smiled then looked to her left seeing Patrica fell asleep with her head on the window sill and figured this might be a long ride.