Chapter forty four: The Determined

Evin moved his hands fast pulling them apart hearing the guy's neck snap and looked over to the one who had his knee blown out, seeing he was going for his shotgun, he took his knife out and walked over before crouching and stabbing him in the part he shot, the guy screamed and rolled to his back. Evin moved up a bit taking the knife out and grabbed the guys neck right under his chin ''Have you seen anyone, maybe, an asian guy? Or a tall thin white guy? Ooh, or maybe a guy with a bit of a mohawk?'' he asked smiling a bit, the guy stared at him, Evin saw him reach for on of his guns that was holstered so he moved the knife up pressing it to his throat ''Don't make me stab your arm next.'' the guy stared at him ''The asian got away in a car.'' Evin smiled ''Was he with anyone?'' he asked, the guy stared at him, Evin moved the knife and stabbed the guy's hand ''A woman!'' he yelled, Evin thought for a moment ''Both asian... With kids.'' Evin looked at him and smiled before pushing him away pulling the knife from his hand and grabbed the shotgun standing up.

He moved the shot gun strap over his left arm and moved over to the guy's head looking down at him ''Wait!'' he held his hand out as Evin took his pistol out ''I could send a message to someone... a, our leader, yeah. Send a message to the leader.'' Evin smirked ''This is a message.'' he stated and pulled the trigger, he holstered it and looked around the street seeing the bodies of everyone he found, counting at least fifty. He turned moved his hand up holstering his knife before spreading his right hand out and holding his wrist moivng it a bit then looked around ''Fuck.'' he looked back at the guy he just as and held his head thinking ''Kids.... They would've stayed someone that was warm.'' he looked around on the street he was ''They were here.'' he stated thinking about how many people were in this area, he moved down the road a bit back towards the body and looked to his left at the small apartment buidling he saw and smiled walking over. He pushed the door that was half open a bit and looked around seeing it was mostly dark, he reached up turning the flashlight on before looking around more, he headed for the stairs ''Kids, Connor wasn't with Monte so it's gotta be Alex... Toddler, needs a bed.'' he stated going up knowing they would've been in one of the room's.

He aimed the gun down the hall of the first floor ''Wouldn't go higher then the first becasue it'd be to dangerous for a toddler and they'd get cornered.'' he moved down this hall and turned to his right pushing the first door open and aimed the pistol inside looking around for any sign of someone being there but it looked empty, he backed up and looked down the hall before moving across opening the next door and looked around, he spotted a baby bag next to the window and stepped inside more, he looked around the corner seeing it looked empty, he went over to the baby bag, holstering his pistol and picked it up opening it, he moved thing's around seeing everything from inside was gone, he opened the side pockets and smiled pulling out a small red blanket ''Alex.'' he muttered and turned seeing the kitchen and walked over. He moved the shotgun off his shoulder and went to set it on the counter but saw something drawn in sharpie. He pulled the shot gun back and moved over a bit looking at it.

He set the shotgun to the side of the lines before taking the small flashlight off the strap of his backpack and held it above him looking down and smiled seeing it was a map drawn on the white counter, he saw the word Toronto near where he set the shotgun down and a line going from there to NY writting as well ''New York? Why are you going there?'' he muttered and looked at the road seeing a stick man next to a poor drawing of a car ''One hundred and forty nine hours to walk, I gotta get a car.'' he stated and lowered the light seeing that for the car it only took seven hours. He moved his bag off his back and laid it on the counter putting Alex's blanket inside before reattaching the light and putting it back on picking the shot gun up and looked around before walking around the wall and leaving, he checked the shotgun for ammo before heading down the stairs and moving over to the front door's, leaving for New York seeing it as a lead.