Chapter seventy four: The Guilty

Connor and Aiden pushed a tipped over vending machine infront of the door's and Connor looked around the store seeing Emma hugging herself as she looked around, Aiden saw Connor looking over to her and went over tapping his shoulder to get his attetion, Connor looked to him Aiden signed 'You should go comfort her.' Connor looked at him and signed ''I'm the reason she's so sad, you should.'' Aiden looked at him confused 'What makes you think that?'' Connor sighed again and looked over to her before turning to him ''I could've made Bruce walk, instead I left him there.'' Aiden stared at him and shook his head, Connor looked around before back at Aiden ''I'm gonna look around for supplies.'' he simply signed and passed Aiden walking over to the shelves, Aiden watched Connor walk off and looked over to Emma seeing her sit down and lean forward holding her hands infront of her with her elbows resting on her knees. Connor turned into a small section of the store and looked at the stuff laying on the shelves, he picked up a pack of batteries and looked around grabbing a flashlight.

Connor pressed the bottom seeing it probably had no batteries and has been sitting here for a while, he took his bag off putting the batteries and flashlight in his bag before getting up again and picked put a box of plastic bags looking at it ''Connor?'' he turned hearing Emma and saw her standing there looking over to him ''Hi.'' he stated and turned back to the plastic bags putting it down ''I don't blame you.'' Connor froze then tilted his head to the side shutting his eye's before turning to look at her ''I know.'' Emma looked at him and walked towards him a bit ''You shouldn't blame yourself, it's not healthy... Or ture.'' Connor nodded and turned around, Emma walked over and grabbed his arm turning him back ''I mean it, I... I understand why or what happened, I wish it didn't happen, although I wasn't close with him he was like... A really teachery grandfather.'' Connor smiled a bit while Emma smiled and looked at him ''Just know that... If or when we lose people... It's never someone fault... Unless someone... I don't know shot or pushed someone... Like what happened with Bruce... or Nikko...'' she paused looking to the side.

Emma shook her head and looked at him ''You know what I mean?'' Connor nodded ''Yeah, I get it but.... There's just a feeling deep in my stomach telling me otherwise.'' he stated and hung his head ''Even though he told me to just go.'' he stated, Emma brought her right arm up holding his shoulder ''Take my word for it, you did nothing wrong.'' Connor looked at her and nodded and looked down to his hands, Emma brought her hand away and turned looking back and around the store ''How's your shoulder?'' Connor asked getting her to turn back ''Sore, hurts.'' she explained, Connor nodded and looked around seeing a pharmacy ''We could see if there's pain killers in there?'' he stated and pointed over, Emma looked and nodded as Connor was already turning around to walk over. They came around from the shelves and Emma looked over seeing Aiden checking his bag and looked around him wondering if there was a way to get his attention if something was to happen.

Connor got there and tried the door on the side behind a small counter and saw it was locked, while Emma went over to the window over the desk seeing there was a bunch of glass blocking the way, she looked around before taking her bat out and moved it down before bringing the bat up and swinging smashing the glass, Connor came around and looked at her as she hit the rest of the glass clearing it and looked over to him ''Come on.'' she stated and set the bat on the counter before placing her hand on the counter and hopped up sitting down before moving her leg's over and picked her bat up landing on the other side, Connor went over and looked over seeing Aiden sitting down resting, he turned and hopped into the window over the counter and saw her picking some of the bottles up reading them, Connor walked over and looked at the bottles on the other shelves behind her, Emma looked at the container and set it down moving her head slightly before turning around to look at him ''Connor?'' he hummed as a response looking at the bottles ''Why wouldn't you be able to comfort me?'' Connor paused and looked to her.

Emma smiled ''You talk when you sign.'' Connor sighed and hung his head having his hands on the shelf, he pushed off it and looked to her ''Bruce was apart of your group, and I held you back from running to Nikko.'' Emma smiled ''Bruce was a teacher, not related to us at all and again, I wasn't that close with him, and Nikko... If you had let me run out there I would've died.'' Connor stared at her ''Plus I... Just thought of Nikko as a friend.'' she stated taking a step closer to him, Connor looked at her ''You guy's seemed close... Nikko and you.'' Connor stated and noticed her getting closer ''Yeah, but... I didn't think of him as anything more.'' she stated and looked to him as she stopped a bit away from him ''Ok, uh... We should get back to Aiden.'' Connor stated and moved his eye's to the side shutting them, Emma looked at him and nodded ''Alright.'' Emma stated and stepped back, Emma turned and headed back to the counter, Connor sighed quietly and relaxed shaking his head slightly. He bit his tounge ''Emma.'' he spit out, Emma turned and looked over to him, Connor breathed in before walking over to her and grabbed her head kissing her, Emma's eye's widened and she ended up dropping her bat Connor pulled away and Emma stared at him before brining her right hand up holding the left side of his neck kissing him back.