Chapter ninety six: The Swarm

Carson slowed the car to a stop seeing the city of Washington seeing a large horde making it's way towards him, he sat there in his car wondering why they were just migrating this way, he looked at them trying to figure out how many there were then he froze, he opened the door and stepped outside feeling his eye's begin to water and his heart sank to the bottom of his stomach he bit his bottom lip before taking his knife out and looked at the little girl that walked with the dead. He walked over knowing it wouldn't be that dangerous since she was out infront of the horde, he got closer recognizing her purple jacket and light purple backpack. He waited for her to get closer before stabbing her in the head as she grabbed his shirt, Carson bit his tounge while laying her to the ground taking the knife out and got up looking down to her ''Fuck.'' he looked back not wanting to find Amber like this. He breathed in and looked into the horde fearing he would see Timothy. He reached down and grabbed Amber's arm pulling her back to the car before opening the back door. He crouched down and moved his arm under her moving her inside the back, he moved her legs up before shutting the door and looked to the horde needing to know about Timothy.

He opened the front door and reached inside getting his pistol out looking around knowing this would probably be stupid to wasit ammo, he signed trying to think of what to do looking to the side's of the road before getting in the car moving the pistol to the side, he glanced back looking to Amber being scared she would wake up and bite him, he backed the car up down the road looking back as he went and turned the car around before pulling the car over and got out being sure he could go on his way afterwards, he went to the back of the car before opening the trunk as the rain poured down on him, he looked around inside seeing thing's for the car, a tire wrench, and fishing thing's like a fishing pole and bait, he sighed and shut the tunk before looking around wanting to burry Amber somewhere before leaving. He looked to the city knowing it would be foolish to go into a city just to get a shovel only to come all the way back and burry a child. He went to the side and looked inside at Amber laying in the back seat then over to the horde shutting his eye's and he hung his head ''You better not be dead.'' Carson stated and looked to the horde before getting in the car, he looked back seeing her and thought about the stuff he saw in the back having a feeling he saw something to wrap them in.

He got out again and went to the back again opening it, he looked seeing the sheet's and smiled grabbed one that was folded before shutting the trunk getting them a bit wet, he went to the back door opening it, he looked to the horde making sure they weren't getting to close, he looked back a bit seeing he'd be sitting here for a while, he looked to his bag seeing the walkie talkie feeling like he should try it again, he opened the sheet before laying it on top of Amber before tucking it under her rolling her over and made sure it was all wrapped up. He shut the door and got inside before grabbing his walkie talkie turning it on, he breathed in before signing out and pressed the button ''Is anyone using this line? Over.'' he asked and shut his eye's, he shut them tightly before pressing it again ''Is anyone on this line, over.'' he asked again bitting his lip *Hello?* Carson's eye's widened hearing them and sat up ''Hi, who is this?'' he asked and let go, he waited a bit *I could ask the same thing.* Carson sighed ''Do you know someone named Monte? or..... Jonathan?'' he asked and let go needing one thing from them *Carson?* he smiled a bit *Uh... It's LJ.* he smiled and hung his head ''You don't understand how good it is to hear someone's voice.'' LJ fell silent.

''LJ, where can I find you?'' he asked and let go, he could tell LJ was thinking *Nashville, Jonathan and Aviana are heading over there as we speak to see if they can't find the others.* Carson nodded and thought about that ''Alright, uh, it's gonna take me a bit to get there but, I can make it there.'' Carson stated and put the walkie talkie on the dash before getting the car back on the road and started driving looking at the gas tank making sure he had enough to get him there *Looking at this map, if you drive non stop it'll be ten hours.* Carson nodded and let go of the steering wheel grabbing the walkie talkie ''Inform Jonathan that I'll be there.'' he stated and tossed the walkie talkie to the passengers seat grabbing the steering wheel wondering if he should talk about Shawn as a warning, he shook his head having a feeling where ever they are Shawn wouldn't be able to reach them before him.