Chapter sixty six: The Stolen Innocence

Carson looked around as he got to the third floor of the fifth building they've checked, Tabitha got up there with him seeing Carson look around the cubicals ''Are you sure they'd enter on of these buildings?'' she asked, Shawn got to that floor and looked over to Carson seeing him looked around the whole area. The window then shattered as a bullet hit it, they dropped to the ground and Carson saw Tabitha hit the ground with a bloody hole in her cheek, the head was facing him, he saw the innocence in her eye's as she laid there limp. Carson looked to Shawn seeing him move back and hide behind a wall ''Sniper.'' he informed, Carson moved back and leaned against a cubical and thought about how they'd get out of this mess. He looked over to the stairs then to Tabitha's body again, he looked at Shawn before hanging his head ''Fuck.'' he muttered and put his head back against the cubical wall.

Shawn turned seeing Marc come up the stairs and stay low to the ground before looking over and seeing Tabitha ''Shit.'' Carson turned and looked around on that side knowing that if he was to get up or try moving he'd be shot at or get shot. He turned seeing Shawn and Marc go back downstairs, either not caring about him getting out of this or just deciding to go down and try getting the sniper. Carson stared at the teens body, her mother was right for wanting Tabitha to stay back at the building with her and her little sister, Carson heard a window break down stairs and peeked around looking at the window's that reached to the floor, he moved back seeing the sniper glint as he shot the window he was just looking out of ''Ok.'' he looked around before laying on his stomach seeing that the building the sniper was in was one floor lower then the one he was in, he crawled across as a bullet nearly hit his backpack, he went faster and got up sitting against the next cubical, he looked to the stairs.

He hung his head and waited a bit for the sniper to either shoot another shot or get distracted, he looked at the stairs before pushing away and made a run for it, he got down the stairs ducking to the side as a shot hit the wall behind him where his head was, he leaned forward placing his hands on his knee's pushing his air out of his mouth before standing and heading downstairs, once he got to the bottom he crouched and moved to the wall before leaning against it seeing Shawn and Marc weren't down here, he got a bit confused but shrugged it off and crouched staying under the bit of wall that wasn't glass. He moved along it getting to the other stairs and headed down to the bottom floor before moving to the front door's seeing Marc and Shawn outside hidding behind a car. Carson tried peeking out the door to see the building with the sniper, Marc looked around before looking to the building ''Carson.'' he looked over to see Marc waving for Carson to join them at the car but Carson knew that was a bad idea. He crouched down before looking to the glass of the car, seeing the sniper glint, looking at the building.

Carson took his chance and moved out running to the car as he shot at them, he crouched behind the car beside the other two and Shawn turned ''I wanna get this asshole.'' he stated looking at them, Marc nodded, agreeing with them ''We don't know if he's alone in that building, there could be other's scattered on the lower floors.'' Carson stated hearing his plan ''Fuck them, this ass is shooting at us.'' Shawn stated and turned facing ''They killed Tabitha, a teenage girl, they deserve to die.'' Marc stated and moved around the car away Carson hung his head knowing Marc was right, they shot her without hesitation, and with a shot that good they knew who they were shooting, it wasn't random. Shawn turned as they moved around the side of the car Marc was on knowing this would probably be a struggled to get to the building.