Ch. 90: Will History Repeats Itself?

Hyunwoo

~after that video chat~

I dropped my phone onto the hotel bed as the smile that had been on my lips fades. I stare at the ceiling aimlessly. Even though the room was lit and spacy, it felt like the darkness was closing in and the air felt thinner.

 How can this be? Why is he remembering the past? Is this world not parallel to the previous but interconnected? What's going on? Who am I kidding? If it was possible for me to come over here, then why wouldn't Kihyun be able to recall memories from his other self's past life...What should I do? No, what do I do? What if he remembers everything...He-....Aish, I don't know what to do...

I sighed deeply and dragged my hands down my face before closing my eyes. When I opened my eyes again, I wasn't in the hotel room anymore. Did I fall asleep? I blinked rapidly and rubbed at my eyes before looking around again. There is nothing in sight but darkness.   I subconsciously gasped as I hesitantly walked around.

After walking around for what felt like hours, I hear a loud thud coming from the left and then the sound of someone familiar gasping. It was...Kihyun. In the next second, I ran to the left while looking around for him. "Kihyun," I shouted. Suddenly a door appears before me, I opened it without any hesitation. 

Inside was Kihyun with blood coming out of his mouth as he gasped for air in our bedroom floor. Horror pierces through my heart when my mind realized what was before me. Kihyun lifts up his head a bit and sees me. "Hyung," he coughs before reaching out for me. 

I ran over to him, got on the ground, and pulled him onto my lap before wrapping my left arm around  his shoulders and reached to touch his face with the other. He looks at me and tries to smile as best he could before saying, "I'm sorry."

"What-," I stammered as I struggled to find words to say. 

"It looks like I won't be able to keep my promise....," he smiles weakly before grabbing my hand with a shaky one of his own. 

"Don't say that! You can," I shouted as I looked around for a phone to call 119. 

"Hyung.... forget it. It is my time," he wheezes as trickles of blood run out of his mouth and down his chin. 

"No, it isn't," I shouted and went to get up to find a phone. But, Kihyun cups my cheek with the hand he had been using to hold my right hand. He tries to stroke my cheek with his thumb but his thumb wouldn't move as fast he wanted. 

"I love y-," he started to say but then his hand drops down and he stopped breathing.

 "Kihyun? Kihyun? This isn't funny...it isn't funny at all. Stop scaring me," I began to say hysterically as I shook him in an attempt to rouse him and as tears flowed from my eyes before dropping onto Kihyun. 

"KIHYUN AH," I shouted sorrowfully as I woke up in the hotel bed with tears streaming down my face.