Ch. 19: Lost for Words

Hyunwoo

My heart begins to beat at a erratic pace as soon as my mind comprehended what I just heard. I am so aghast that I didn't know what to say in response. So, I just stood there like a pabo and stared at him with my mouth opened slightly. Millions of thoughts cross my mind and I felt so conflicted.

When not even a word pasted my lips, Kihyun chews on his lower lip before pushing past me and made a break for it. It wasn't until he was halfway back to the door when I realized that I should chase after him and not let him misunderstand me. In the next second, I spun around and sprinted after the fleeing  cotton candy haired doctor.

He makes it inside but still has to descend two flights of stairs. When I threw open the door, I shouted, "Kihyun ah! Wait! Stop!" The pink haired halts in his haste to get away and looks back. Before he could run off, I ran down the first flight of stairs narrowly not tripping and falling down the staircase. Then, I block him from going down. "Kihyun ah, I-," I began to say when he cuts me off.

"Don't. I know that you won't like me. You always regarded me as a dongsaeng and not as a man. I was a fool to think otherwise," he says hastily while not looking me in the eyes.

"Kihyun ah, will you just hear me out first? Huh," I asked while trying to catch his gaze.

"...."

"It isn't that. I just...am not sure of what I feel (toward you). That's why I didn't respond right away," I said quickly.

"Really," he asks in hopeful tone.

"Yeah," I replied with a small smile.

"...So, you will think about it," he stammers as his lisp appears to get more apparent when he is nervous just like my Kihyun. Would I?

"Yes," I said. Should I?