Ch. 82: Jealous for No Good Reason

Hyunwoo

~after work that day~

"Hyung~ Hyung~ Hyungie," Kihyun pleads as I had been giving him the silent treatment since lunch. It wasn't like I was mad at him but rather peeved that he is oblivious to Yoongi's advances.  He pouts and looks at me with puppy dog eyes as he gently tugs on my shirt. I scooted over to the right to stop him from holding onto my sleeve.

But, he slips off the couch arm, sits next to me, and interlock his right hand with my left hand before leaning against me. "Hyung," he whines.

"..."

"If you kept on being silent, I- I- I'm going to get mad," he threatens.

"..."

" Can't you tell me what's wrong? Was it because I didn't tell you that I was going to get lunch with Yoongi? I said sorry already," he says in a soft tone.

"..."

"You know what," he says in a harsher tone before letting go of me and standing up. He turns around to look at me. "When you're done being childish, you know where to find me," he huffs before storming out of the break room. 

Realizing how things just escalated, I got up quickly and looked both ways when I got to the hallway. But, he was no where in sight. I decide to go right as he probably is heading toward the exit nearest the parking lot. When  I got to the parking lot, I looked for his car and found that it was still there. Weird...where is he?

"Oh, hey, Hyung," a voice says from behind me. I turned around to see Hoseok looking at me. 

"Hoseok, did you see Kihyun?"

"Nah, I just came in for my shift...Is something wrong," he asks. 

"...no, I was just- being stupid," I sighed. 

"He's probably at the park...don't you remember that he always goes there if something is bothering him," he asks.

"Ah, right. Thank you, Hoseok," I said before heading to the park next to the hospital. When I got there, I spotted a pink haired male sitting on a swing with his back facing me. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders before saying, "I'm sorry, Ki."

"For what?"

"...for being an idiot. I shouldn't have given you the silent treatment."

"Now, will you tell me what's going on?"

"I just- feel like that guy is doing things to make me see red on purpose and that he is-," I began to say.

" Yoongi ssi?"

"...yeah."

"He means well, really. He talked about how he likes to test people to see how the intended person reacts...to see what kind of person he or she is."

"What? He was testing me," I asked in disbelief. 

"Part of his ongoing psychology paper that he is writing."

"About what?"

"Mmm, I don't remember what it was exactly...something about...jealousy," he says after thinking for a few seconds. 

"Oh..."

"Besides, it isn't like he wants to get with me or something. He already has a boyfriend. You know that famous underground rapper? Jung Hoseok," he laughs. 

"Well, this is embarrassing," I chuckled awkwardly. 

"Mhmm," he says in agreement.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier or-"

"Because that would ruin the experiment."

"Wait a minute. So, you knew," I asked as I let go of him and got in front of him. 

"Yeah... are you mad at me?"

"I...you got mad at me...then...I...ugh. You know what? Forget about it. This is stupid," I sighed out of relief. 

"..."

"..."

"It was kinda cute that you got jelly and went a little nuts because of it though," he laughs.

"Hah hah," I said in a sarcastic tone. 

"Alright, let's go. I'm hungry," he says before walking back to the hospital. I stared at his back in disbelief for a solid minute before catching up with him and giving him a noogie. "Yah," he shrieks while laughing.