Ch. 7: First Day on the Job

Hyunwoo

My heart is beating rapidly I approached the room where my first patient was in. The files in my hands nearly fell out of my hold when I was on my way to the room due to how sweaty my palms were getting. Once I got in front of the door, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths before entering the room.

"Dr. Son! I missed you," a young boy in a hospital gown shouts. Okay...so, 'I' am friendly to

"Oh...uh...Hey there! How are you feeling today," I asked while laughing awkwardly.

"The new medicine keeps making me feel like a zombie. Can we change it please?"

"I'm sorry, kiddo. It is for your own good. You want to get better right," I said as I instinctively scanned the screens surrounding him. What the...

"Hmph, that's what you said about the last one," the kid pouts.

"I'll tell you what. I will snag a cup of pudding from the cafeteria for you if you keep on taking this medication."

"Pudding?!?! But, Dr. Lee said I can't eat pudding right now...," he frowns and begins to tear up.

"It's okay. This can be a secret between us two," I smiled and held my pinky out to promise him. He smiles brightly and wraps his smol pinky around mine. "Okay, I had to continue my rounds. I'll come back to play with you soon," I said as I ruffled his hair. He giggles and nods. With that, I exited the room. It seems that he was close with his patients...

I moved Jonghyun's file to the bottom of the pile I had and opened the second file. In it, it had a picture of a 38 year old lady named Lee Mina,  her medical information, and more. She is suffering from an illness that has the symptoms of diabetes, causes high blood pressure, and inability to maintain her balance. She is located in room 590, which happens to be in opposite side of this floor. I walked over to her room. Right when I open her door, something goes flying by my face and crashes into the wall behind me.

"I said give me my cookies," someone shouts.

"Mina ssi, please stop this. You know that you are not allowed to eat cookies," a panicked voice replies.

"Ugh!!! Stupid! Just one won't hurt," Mina shouts and throws the water pitcher at the nurse who is trying to get her to stop. 

"Woah. Woah! What's going on in here," I said as I stepped inside.

"Thank goodness, Dr. Son. That you are here. The patient-," the nurse began to say when Mina nails her in the head straight on with a plastic cup. 

"You bitch," the nurse says venomously and went to go hit her. But, I stopped her before she could.

"Nurse....umm....Nurse Kim, please don't. I'll take care of this. Go now," I said to her before turning to face Mina. "Mina ssi, I'm sure that we can work something out....," I said slowly as it was a bit unnerving to have someone look at you like you are scum. 

"SuRe," she says in an exaggerated way that popular kids use in high school. 

Fucking a-...