Ch. 64: Suds & Smiles (Part 1)

A/N: Updates will move to the weekends starting next month as I recently graduated from uni and will be working. Will update during the week if possible.

Hyunwoo

~after they ate~

After we ate, Kihyun stands up when we reached a moment to stop in our conversation. "Gonna wash the dishes," he says when he notices me looking at him with a questioning look in my eyes.

"Let me help. I'll wash. You can dry," I said as I stood up to do just that. 

"Ah...let's do it the other way around. I'm kinda of a neat freak," he laughs awkwardly and chews on his lower lip for a few seconds. 

"Alright, whatever floats your boat," I smiled as I  began to collect the items that I had used to eat. He nods and picks up his. After that, we both walked to the kitchen but we, for some reason, tried to go in at the same time and ended up bumping into each other. We both looked at each other in slightly stunned silence before laughing good-naturely at our silliness. 

I moved to the side and gestured for him to go in first. He walks in and goes straight to the sink. He places the dirty dishes in the right sink before grabbing the empty pot from the stove to put it in there. After he had put the pout in the right sink, I added the items in my hands in too. 

As he begins to wash the dishes, I stood by him on his left. I leaned onto the counter by placing my left forearm onto it. Soon enough, I found myself staring at him...admiring him from his soft bubblegum hair to his pink rose colored lips. I then reached out and brushed back some of his bangs behind his ears. 

In the next second, blush lightly dusts his cheeks and the tip of his ear became red. I smiled softly at this adorable sight and sealed this image of him in my mind. I trial my eyes down and saw that he wasn't wearing an apron. I looked around for one and found on hanging off one of the cabinet's door knobs. 

I grabbed it and went up to Kihyun from behind. I flip the apron around so that the front was facing away from me before bringing it in front of him. His breath hitches. I lift up so that it was at his neck and then moved my right hand to the loop that goes over your head along with my left hand.

After I put the loop over his head, I grabbed onto each string and then brought it behind him. My fingers lightly graze his hips. I tied it off before moving back to where I was standing earlier. As his cheeks reddens more, Kihyun glances at me through the corner of his left eye before mumbling, "Thanks."