Ch. 76: Date Night (Part 2)

Hyunwoo

"I wasn't sure which flavor you wanted so I just got blue raspberry," I said as I handed him the blue raspberry Icee. 

"Perfect. I don't like cherry as it reminds me of the medicine that my Eomma used to make me take when I was a kid," he says as he takes it from me. 

"Gross. I don't get why they only made children's medicine in cherry flavor back then," I said as I took my seat next to him. 

"I heard that this movie is actually quite scary."

"Really? Do you want to watch something else," I asked.

"Nah, I love scary movies. They don't faze me," he laughs. 

"Oh..."

"You don't remember? We used to watch a lot of them back in the day. Oh my god. I can't believe I said that. I sound like an old timer," Kihyun whines before mocking saying, "Back in the day." I snorted and shook my head. "Don't laugh! You're older than me," he retorts before smacking my bicep. 

"Sorry. Sorry," I chuckled. Before Kihyun can retort, someone from behind us shushed us. We both stopped talking/laughing before giving each other knowing looks and rolling our eyes. Why because the movie hadn't even started yet. 

~half way through the movie~

Kihyun turns out to love scary movies. But, he does flinch in response to the scary content. At some point, I took Kihyun's hand into mine without even looking. Kihyun had froze for a millisecond before realizing it was me who took hold of his hand. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw the corner of his lips curling upward thus indicating that he was smiling. I squeezed his hand lightly before returning my attention to the movie. I didn't particularly like scary movies as I found them quite boring. I was never one to be easily scared. A quality of mine that shocks many. So, I found myself analyzing the underlying messages that the movie was conveying.

When it came to the part where the father and son were trying to kill the guy who had been hiding under the the house, some people screamed. "Did you hear that," Kihyun whisper-asks me.

"What sound," I whisper-asks. 

"It's like someone is wheezing," he replies. 

Before I could respond, someone screams, "Is there a doctor here? My friend! She's not breathing." The crowd erupts in to chatter and tried to see who was shouting. 

"There," Kihyun says and points to the upper right hand corner of the theater. There was a girl looking around frantically as she held her friend up. Kihyun immediately rushes over to the girl as quickly as possible not caring if the snacks on his lap fell to the ground. I followed him. "I'm a doctor. He is too. Can we take a look at her," he asks.

"Someone call a bus," I said after turning back to look at the crowd.

"A bus? Don't you mean an ambulance," an onlooker says. 

"...yes," I said before turning back. 

"Hyung, raise her legs up as I lay her down," he asks me. I nodded and do just that. Kihyun then takes out his phone and turns on the flashlight before using it to check if her brain is responsive.

"Crap, we don't have a stethoscope," he mutters to himself before grabbing her right arm and took her pulse. "Has your friend been dieting," he asks the friend after checking if she is still breathing.

"Yeah, she has been trying the IU diet or something," she stammers. 

"Has she dieted this hard before," Kihyun asks.

"I don't think so. She did mention that she said she could cut out one sweet potato and it would work better," she says as she tears up.

"Make way! Make way! The paramedics are here," someone shouts. I looked back and saw the onlookers parting way for them to get up there. 

When they came up, they asked us what's going on. "Malnutrition. The patient passed out due to dieting too hard," Kihyun replies. They nodded before moving her onto portable stretecher and taking her away. Her friend follows them after taking their stuff.

"Well, this is one way to spend our date night," I said after we returned to our seats. 

"That's for damn sure," he chuckles.