Ch. 49: On Red

Hyunwoo

The next 24 hours or so was absolute chaos. There was so patients and only so many doctors to treat the patients. Plus, diagnosing each one of them accurately took a long time too. We were able to get all of them diagnose and were beginning to treat them one by one. At that time, the doctors who had treated the patients with not so serious predicaments came over to relieve us. 

After I had sanitized, I exited the operating room that I was in and looked around for Kihyun. Soon enough, I find him in the room that had a few beds for the doctors and nurses who worked a long shift. After I closed the door behind me, I chuckled as I took in the sight of him holding the blanket like bamboo wife and his pink hair is in complete disarray.

I sat down on the edge and moved some strands of pink hair away from his eyes. I noticed that he had slight dark circles under his eyes already. Today was quite tolling so it was understandable. Using the same hand, I cupped his cheek and gently stroked his check with my thumb for a few seconds before letting go.

With the other hand, I pulled the blanket from the top bunk bed and covered him with it. Just as I was about to tuck the blanket under his chin. He opens his eyes slowly. "Hi," I whispered. 

"Hmmm, Hyung," he mumbles sleepily. 

"Sorry that I woke you up," I whispered. He stares at me for a few seconds before shaking his head. "I just wanted to check up on you as I didn't see you after I finished helping the others with this one patient," I continued to say.

He says something unintelligible as it got muffled by the pillow he was laying on. "What did you say," I asked. He says it again but I still couldn't hear what he was saying. I leaned down so that my ear was a few inches above his lips. "Say it again," I said.

"I said sleep with me..."

"What," I shouted-asked. Did he really mean-

"No, not that. You perv, hyung. Literally sleep," he says in a louder voice and rolls his eyes at me. 

"Oh," I said awkwardly as I rubbed my nape nervously. He laughs quietly and scoots over so that I had room to lay down. It was a bit of a task as this bed was only a twin. A twin bed isn't really designed for two people to sleep in. 

Nonetheless, I lifted up the blanket and got in the bed with him. Then, there was an awkward silence. We stared at each other for a solid minute before we started to laugh at the way we were acting. But, it didn't last long as we were both really tired.

Kihyun moves closer and snuggles against me like I was a large teddy bear from Costco. I froze for a second before wrapping my left arm around his waist, tucking his head under mine, and putting my right arm under the part of the pillow that I was laying on top of. Just like that, we both drifted off to sleep.