Ch. 14: untitled

A/N: Finally on break. Updates will pick up a bit as I have more time. 

Hyunwoo

"Aish, I'm so clumsy. I should have known that I would burned my arm by doing that," he laughs lightly when I let go of his arm and turned off the water. I nodded. "Dang, it left a mark," he says as he examines his arm. 

"I have some aloe soothing cream..."

"Nah, it's okay. A burn like this won't kill me," he shrugs and grabs the same towel to clean up the mess. 

"Let me do it," I said and tried to take the towel away from him. He fixes me a sharp glare until I dropped my hand. After he cleans up the spilled soup, he washes the towel and drapes it over the faucet to dry. 

"It is almost done. You can go sit down," he says.

"You're the guest. You did enough by making the soup. I can-"

"No, I am imposing. It is the least I can do," he says thus cutting me off. 

"Okay," I said as I realized that there was no point in arguing about this any longer. 

~five minutes later~

Kihyun comes over to the dining table with two steaming hot bowls of hangover soup and there was a spoon in each. He sets one in front of me and the other in front of him. He sits down and stammers, "I hope that it tastes alright. I haven't cooked for anyone before."

"So, I am like the guinea pig?"

"...I guess?"

"Should I be worried?"

"Psh, I have lived on my cooking for quite a few years. I haven't got sick from my own cooking at all," he huffs while puffing out his cheeks. 

"I was just joking," I said before scooping up some soup and blew on it to make it cool enough to eat. 

"So, how is it," he asks with an anxious look in his eyes.

"It's delicious," I said. It tastes just like his cooking...

"...Are  you just saying that because I am right here?"

"No, you are a good cook."

"Thanks," he says while moving a few strands of hair behind his ear.