Ch. 41: Care Bear

A/N: Happy New Year, Monbebes! I hope 2020 treats you all well!

Kihyun

~after work~

As I exited the changing room for my department, I let out of a groan when I stretched and cracked my knuckles above my head. I turned to my left and then bumped into someone. I immediately stepped back and apologized before looking up to see who I had bumped into. It was Hyunwoo. "Hey," he says with a small smile.

"Hi?"

"I was just wondering if I could...ah...," he trails off. 

"Take another look at my elbow and ankle? They feel alright to be honest. My ankle still hurts a bit. But, I don't need to use the crutch anymore. Dr. Zhang took a look at it when he noticed that I was using a crutch. But, at that time, he was on FaceTime with Junmyeon hyung so I got an earful from him about how I should be careful  and blah bah blah," I chuckled as Junmyeon can be so motherly.

"Do you want me to drive you home," he asks. 

"I could drive...," I said slowly. He arches an eyebrow and looks at me with an unimpressed look. Then, I realized that I wasn't really given a choice. "I guess I could use a ride," I laughed awkwardly.

"Let's go before it gets any darker," he says and holds out his hand for me to take. 

~outside of Hyunwoo's apartment building~

"I thought you were going to drop me off," I said as we exited his car. 

"...you won't be able to do things as easily with that ankle. So, I thought that you could spend some time at my place until it is completely better," he says in a matter of fact kind of tone. I found myself smiling because of how caring he was being. 

"Oh, thanks, Hyung. You didn't have to do this," I said as we walked into the lobby.

"I want too. After all...I'm your boyfriend," he says while facing me and smiles softly which made his eyes crinkle slightly on the sides. I instantly felt shy and pushed him away in a vain effort to not let him see me blush.