Ch. 25: Not Super Human

A/N: Sorry for the delay in updating. Last week was quite busy for me. 

Hyunwoo

~an hour and fifty seven minutes later~

"You got to  be kidding me," a doctor that looks strikingly like the Thai photographer that was Kihyun's friend says as he looks at the results for Mr. Jo while dragging a hand through charcoal black hair. 

"What is it, Dr. Pha," Nurse Choi asks while chewing on her nails slightly. It really is 'him.'

"We must get him checked in right away," he says and stands up suddenly which startled Nurse Choi a bit.

"Right away, Doctor. I'll go make the call," she says quickly before speed walking out of the lab. 

"Is there any hope," I asked him. 

"...I can't say until I see him with my own eyes. Cases like this usually...," he pauses before speaking again. "...have low morality rates," he says quietly. 

"But...I," I stopped myself from speaking any further. Darkness clouds my mind as I began to think back to the past. 

"You can help assist us since you were his main doctor," he adds.

"Thank you,"  I said.

~fast forward three hours and thirty eight minutes~

~main break room~

"Hyung, why are you still here? Didn't your shift end earlier today," Kihyun asks when I walked in. 

"Ah, it did. But, I have to pull a double shift. There is this urgent patient that needs care," I said as I looked into his beautiful hazel brown eyes. 

"Oh, is it Mr. Jo? I think that I heard P'Pha talking about him with Dr. Zhang," he says as he taps a finger against his chin. 

"It is him," I answered.

"...don't let it get to you. I mean...I know it is a doctor's job to save people. But, we have to realize that we are not  godly beings that can save everyone without much effort. We can only do our best to save them. If we can't...it is just fate," he says with a small smile that had no real happiness in it. 

"I wish that I was a godly being that could save anyone," I said softly. I wish that I could have saved you...