Ch. 20: Lost in Thought

Hyunwoo

~after work~

~at the apartment/flat~

I am standing on the balcony that overlooked a certain part of Seoul. I sighed at the elephant in the room. My mind goes back to what happened today and plays it back for me despite my own will. Part of me wonders what would happen if I said yes right then and there. Another part of me is screaming at me to not say yes because it would not be right since the Kihyun I love is not him and the Hyunwoo he loves is not me. I cursed under my breath and rubbed at my face out of frustration before dragging a hand through my hair and dropping it down to my side. 

I know that he is not him. Yet, I can not help but be drawn to him and love him. I grip onto the railing tightly and stared up into the night sky trying to ascertain what is  the right answer. "Why are you doing this to me," I asked out loud even though the being who I want to ask will not appear when I want him too nor will he answer the questions that I ask of him. "What do you want me to do? What do you want me to learn," I sighed when there was no reply. I chuckled at myself for even bothering to question the out-worldly being that sent me to this parallel world. 

*silence for a few minutes*

Just when I was about to head back inside after exhausting my mind weighing out each choice, I felt a hand caressing  my face. I gasped loudly. My heart stops for a second. A tear escapes my eyes without me even knowing. "Kihyun, is that you," I stammered and look around to see him, but he is no where to be seen. I touch the cheek that was touch and bit my lower lip trying to not to cry. When I pull my hand away, daffodils are on the palm of my hand. 

A/N: Daffodils = new beginnings. May or may not change this chapter....