Ch. 60: Dinner for Two (Part 2)

A/N: Sorry for the delay in updating. It's almost the end of the quarter so the deadlines are catching up to me.

Hyunwoo

~at Kihyun's apartment~

"Here let me hold the bag while you open the door,"  I said after I watched him struggle to open the door and held out my hand after moving the bags that was on to the other hand. 

"Oh, that's a great idea," he chuckles while blushing lightly out of embarrassment. After handing me the bag of groceries in his right hand, he picks up his keys off the ground and then used one of them to unlock the door. Once the door was open, the light in the hallway turns on automatically. He gestures for me to go in first so I did. I walk to the end of it before taking off my shoes and walking deeper into the living room.

Kihyun shuts the door behind him and takes his shoes off before following me. "You can set the things down in the kitchen. I nodded and walked to into the kitchen and set the bags of groceries onto the kitchen counter. 

"Is there anything I can do," I asked.

"Nah, you can go sit down and make yourself at home," he says.

"Let me help you prep the ingredients. It's the least I can do...after all, you are cooking for me," I said.

"Alright, can you wash the zucchini, cabbage, 4 shiitake mushrooms, onion, and baby bok choy" he asks. 

"Sure thing," I said before taking said items out of the bags and bringing them to the sink. As I was peeling the onion after cutting the ends off with a knife, Kihyun was presumably checking his phone for the recipe. He sets down his phone before taking out the required seafood from the bags and began to take out the amount needed. 

Once I finished peeling the outer layer of the onion, I washed it and then looked around for something to put it on. I grabbed a plate from the dish rack and set it down on the kitchen counter to my left before putting the onion on it. "Could you step aside for a second so I can wash the seafood? And, while I do that, can you cut the stuff that you washed thinly except for the baby bok choy," Kihyun asks after I finished washing the other ingredients.

"Okay," I said  before moving aside. 

"Here, you can used this cutting board," he says after taking said item out of a cupboard. I took it from him. "Oh, wait, you don't know how much to cut. Let me show you," he says and grabs his phone to show me the recipe. He unlocks his phone and then hands me it. "Cut up that much," he says while pointing at the recipe," he says before he brings the seafood in a metal basket and bucket to the sink. As I looked at the amount that was required, he washes the seafood thoroughly thus removing whatever impurities that were on them. 

When I began to cut up the right amount of ingredients, I hear him say, "Shit, I forgot to prep the soup base." I looked up to see him put the metal basket and bucket with the now clean seafood onto the kitchen counter before grabbing the items needed for the soup base. 

I subconsciously smiled as it reminded me of my Kihyun who had done something like this when he was just cooking for the two of us and not at the restaurant. I used to tease him for it because he was a professional chef yet he still made such mistakes. "Hyung, the ingredients aren't going to prepare themselves," Kihyun says thus breaking me out of my trance. 

"Oh, sorry. I zoned out," I chuckled before focusing on the task at hand. When I was just about done, Kihyun is suddenly next to me and he asks, "Wow, where do you learn to cut that good?"

"Oh, I watch cooking shows sometimes when I'm bored," I lied. You taught me...