Ch. 59: Dinner for Two (Part 1)

Hyunwoo

~a few days later~

~end of shift~

As I was exiting the locker room, I bumped into someone. "Ah, shit. I'm sorry," I said quickly before looking to see who it was. It was Kihyun.

"It's okay, Hyung," he smiles.

"You sure?"

"Haha, yeah. Are you heading home," he asks.

"Yeah, my shift just ended."

"...you....err...hmm..."

"Is something wrong," I asked.

"Yes. No. Yes. I mean no. I just wanted to...umm...ask if you wanted to get something to eat after I get off work," he says shyly.

"Sure, what time do you get off?"

"In an hour."

"Okay, I'll wait for you in the break room."

~an hour and eleven minutes later~

~the break room~

*door opens*

"Oh my god. Sorry, I had to run to the bathroom," Kihyun says as he walked in. 

"No worries."

"Let's go now or else the market will close," he says and gestures for me to get up and follow him.

"The market? Weren't we going to go out to eat?"

"Nah, we can't always go out to eat. And... besides, I wanted to cook tonight," he says as he rubs his nape. 

"Oh...oh. Then, we better get going."

~at a supermarket~

"Do you know what you need to buy," I asked as we entered the supermarket with a shopping cart in tow. 

"Yeah, I am playing to make spicy seafood noodles," he says as he pushes the cart. 

"You know how to make it?"

"Not really but I found a recipe online...I mean yes, I do," he stutters when he realized that he spoke truthfully. His cheeks are pink with embarrassment. I chuckled at this before smiling. "Don't laugh. I am still learning how to cook for myself," he pouts. 

"Sorry," I replied as we walk toward the seafood section of the supermarket. He turns away from with the pout still on his lips. To stop him from sulking any longer, I got behind him and put my hands onto the shopping cart handle.

He stops and asks, "What are you doing?"

"Just put your feet onto the metal part between the wheels," I said.

"Ok...," he says in an unsure tone before doing just that. Right when he does, I began to push the cart fast. "Yah! What are you doing? They're going to kick us out," he giggles.