Ch. 2: Unspoken Words

A/N: Anyone else laughed when they saw the thumbnail for Alligator? Look at Minhyuk's face. Lol. Anyways, love how Alligator connects to Shoot Out, and the meaning behind the lyrics. 

Hyunwoo

"But, that can't be possible," I muttered under my breath as I can't get it through my head that Kihyun is still alive

"Sunbae, you hurt me with your words. Maybe, you did get hit too hard or something. Because, nonsense keeps leaving your mouth," Kihyun says in teasing tone. 

"Kihyun ah, be nice. He just woke up after receiving blunt force trauma to his head. It is only natural that he is a bit frazzled. Based on what I saw in his results, it should go away in a few days," Dr. Kim says in the tone parents use when chastising their children. 

"Okay~," Kihyun replied, and stick out his tongue at him.

The two continue to banter back and forth. I found myself lost in thought as I tried to comprehend what is going on. In the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of gold in the farthermost corner of the room from me. Puzzled, I turned my head to see what it was.  I gasped as I realized he is that mysterious man from the bar. When our eyes met, he  smiles in the way that people usually smile when they accidentally meet someone's gaze, but his smile seems to be void of the emotion used in those types of situations. 

I subconsciously moved back further up my bed. He gives me an unimpressed look before snapping his fingers. Suddenly, everything turned gray and still. I glanced to my left side to see Dr. Kim and Kihyun frozen in place. In the next second, he is right in front of me...staring at me with his golden eyes. It felt like he was staring into my soul rather than just my eyes.

"Who are you," I asked nervously as my heart began to beat rapidly from fear.

He tilts his head to the side like how dogs do, but it wasn't cute when he did it. It was unnerving. He doesn't reply and just looks at Kihyun before looking back at me.

"Wha-," I began to say when he turns into black smoke with flares of gold, and then the smoke dissipates soon after. In the next second, the world around me comes to life again leaving me speechless. 

What is he trying to tell me?