Ch. 64: Suds & Smiles (Part 2)

Kihyun

I can literally feel my cheeks burning with shyness as I began to wash the bowl that I hadn't finished. I mentally chastise myself for being so affected by a passing touch. "Keep it together, Kihyun. Don't embarrass yourself," I thought to myself. 

"If you scrub that bowl any longer, the glaze is going to come off," Hyunwoo suddenly says. 

"Wha-,"  I started to say when I noticed that I could practically see my reflection in the bowl. "Oh," I said quietly before rinsing it off and handing it over to him. He picks up the towel that was on the dish rack and wipes it down before setting it in the dish rack.

 Next, I picked up the spoons that we used but I inadvertently brought it under the running water, which caused the water and some suds splash onto me and Hyunwoo. I quickly moved it out of the way and looked at him sheepishly. He simply chuckles and shakes his head in a good-naturely way. I smiled in a half awkward and apologetic way.

He tries to blot the water from his white dress shirt but it had already absorbed into his shirt. The wet spots allowed for me to see the goods sort of. When I realized that I was staring, I tore my gaze away and refocused my attention to the task at hand. I silently prayed to whoever was listening that he didn't notice. Seconds go by as I waited for him to say something about it but nothing came. I sighed out of relief.  

But, that's when it happened. "You know that you can l-," he begins to say when I panicked and grabbed the detachable faucet head and sprayed him with the water, which effectively made things worst because now I can see everything.  Hyunwoo looks at me with a challenging look before grabbing the faucet head from me and showering me with it. 

"Yah," I shrieked not because he is soaking me with water but because the water is getting all over the floor.