Ch. 4: New Life. Same Me. (Part 2)

Hyunwoo

I changed into the clothes that were inside the locker and found that it was a perfect fit. When I looked up higher,  I saw a wallet on the shelf above where clothes were hanging. I grabbed it and opened it. I saw a driver's license in it with a picture of someone who looks just like me. Everything on it was mine except for the address. I looked back up at the shelf and saw a set of keys and a phone. There is also a doctor's coat inside the locker too with an ID badge clipped to the front pocket. I set the wallet back where it was and took the badge of the coat to look at it. It has a picture of someone who looks just like me and under it, it reads "Son Hyunwoo, Doctor of Internal Medicine."

No way...This Hyunwoo is a doctor. And one of internal medicine. How the hell am I supposed to live with this identity. I don't know anything about medicine besides the general stuff, and some stuff I learned back in school. I quickly put back the badge into the coat and took the keys, phone,  and wallet. I dumped the hospital clothes into a random bin before exiting the locker room. I walked out to the front of the hospital. Luckily, there was  a lady exiting a taxi. I got in and told the driver to go the address I read off of the driver's license.

~at Sunshine Luxury Apartments~

I gasped as I saw the scale of the apartments. Not that I haven't seen place like this or lived in a place like this, it was still amazing to see. I entered the lobby/ground floor and was about to hit the up button on the elevator. Then, I realized that I didn't know what floor and apartment number this Hyunwoo lived in. 

"Hyunwoo ah~, is that you," says a feminine voice from behind me. I turn around to see a small old lady in a sundress. 

"Umm, yes? Good afternoon," I said warmly.

"I hadn't seen you come out of your apartment, so I was a bit worried that something bad happened," she says and hits the up button.

"Ah, I was in an 'accident,' and was in the hospital. Nothing that serious," I told her. 

"That's good. You have to be careful next time."

"I will."

*elevator bing*

She gets in and looks at me funny. "Why aren't you getting on, Deary?"

"Huh...I just zoned out," I said and stepped into the elevator. She hits the 10th floor button. I bit my lower lip as  I wondered if I should just hit a random floor number or if this Hyunwoo really lives on the same floor as the old lady. In the next second, the elevator doors closed and began to ascend. 

*elevator music*

"I hope you didn't mind, but I gave your milk to my grandson since it didn't seem like you were coming back yesterday and the day before that," she says. (A/N: They deliver milk to homes in Korea.)

"No worries. It would have been a shame for them go to waste," I replied. She chuckles in response.

"How have you been?"

"The same as always. Babysitting my grandson, meeting the girls, etc."

"Oh...," I said as I tried to think of what else to say.

*elevator bings again*

The doors open. She exits the elevator and turns to the right. Many thoughts ran through my head. She did say that she didn't see 'me' coming and going from 'my' apartment, so this Hyunwoo probably lives on the same floor. Then, I stepped out of the elevator and turned left.

"Hyunwoo ah~, why are you going that way? Your apartment is here right next to mine," she calls out to me, and gestures to the apartment to the left of hers.

"Oh...right! Sorry, I was distracted and went the wrong way," I laughed as I turned around went toward her. 

"It happens to the best of us. Well, if you will excuse me...," she says and waits for my response. I simply nodded and smiled. She does the same thing, unlocks her apartment door, and goes inside. When the door closes shut, I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding.