Ch. 21: A Leap of Faith

Hyunwoo

~the next working day~

~11:11 a.m.~

I stared at the daffodils in my hands. They are a bit wilted as I neglected to put them in a vase with water because I was too preoccupied with my thoughts. I wasn't sure what they meant. I never was one for flowers. After placing them down, I looked up the meaning of it on my computer and clicked on the first link.

 The site explains that daffodils mean new beginnings. I turn my gaze back to the daffodils in my desk and looked at them with a knowing look. I smiled gently as I understood what Kihyun was trying to tell me through these yellow flowers. I place them into the cup of water that I had brought to my office earlier before exiting my office to find a certain pink haired male.

I find him at the same open space where he had played with the children a few days ago. This time he isn't playing with the kids. He is leaning on a tree while reading a book. Strands of cherry blossom colored hair moved ever so slightly in the wind. The leaves sheltering him from the sun's rays also seemed to move at the same pace. There is a slight smile on his face. Perhaps, it is because of something that he had read at that moment.

I walked over to the unsuspecting male. He didn't notice until I plopped down next to him. He lets out a small audible gasp and nearly closes the book right away which would have caused him to lose his place.

"Hi," I said with a small smile as I was amused at his reaction.

"Hello," he stammers as blush begins to color his chubby cheeks.

*awkward silence*

"Kihyun ah...," I trailed off as I suddenly couldn't find the words to say. Come on, Hyunwoo. Get it together!

"Yeah," he says nervously.

"...you know how....I mean...ugh...this is harder than I imagined...what I am trying to say is...yes," I said before mentally cursing at myself for not remembering how I was going to do this and for sounding dumb.

"Yes, what," he asks with his head tilted to the side slightly.

"Let's date," I said as confidently as possible while blushing madly.

A/N: Is this pace good or is it too fast? Low key feel like it is.