Ch. 18: Confrontation & Perseverance

Hyunwoo

~a few days later~

After that incident, Kihyun has been avoiding me like the plague. Whenever he sees me, he would turn around and walk away. There was even a few times when he bumped into something or someone when he tried to escape. At first, it didn't bother me that much. Soon enough, I am starting to feel a bit peeved.

"You should go confront him, Hyung," a voice suddenly says from out of nowhere. I turn around to see Hoseok standing there.

"Wha- What do you mean?"

"Don't act like nothing is going on between you and Kihyun. I have eyes, you know? I can see that you guys are avoiding each other."

"WE are not avoiding each other. It is just him that is avoiding me," I retorted.

"Yes, but you are essentially doing the same thing by not trying to talk to him, dummy."

"Yah, respect your hyung."

"I will when you start acting like one," he huffs before walking past me and bumping his shoulder into mine, which made me stumble slightly.

~break time~

Now, that it was break time. I decided to listen to what Hoseok had quote unquote advised me to do. I began to search in the basic places, but it was to no avail. I pondered where to look next and thought of the roof top.

~at the roof top of the hospital~

I scan the roof top for a familiar pink haired male and found him sitting there eating some chips. When I approached him, he looks at me in shock with chips stuffed in his cheeks. He looks side to side before trying to get up and leave.

But, I step in the way. He tries to go around me but I block him again. This repeats for a few times before he lets out a small cry of frustration and glares at me like I stole the last cookie out of the cookie jar.

"Why have you been avoiding me lately, Kihyun ah? Did I do something wrong?"

"Psh, I ain't. No, you didn't," he says while staring at his shoes.

"It doesn't seem like it. Tell me what's going on so I can fixed this."

"It's nothing. Nothing needs to be fixed," he states.

"We both know that isn't true," I said as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Nuhuh," he sasses.

"Kihyun ah, I-"

"Can't you just leave it alone? Okay? If I wanted to tell you or some shit, then I would," he says a bit angrily.

"No way-"

"Fine! I'll say it! I....I....I like you," he shouts after looking me in the eyes with a wavering but determined look in his eyes.