Ch. 100: Until Whenever

Hyunwoo

~sometime later~

"Kihyun,"  I shouted as I opened my eyes. But, instead of seeing the sky or the cieling of a hospital room, I saw a bed canopy. To my surprise, I wasn't on that road anymore let alone at that glamping resort. I sat up and looked around. It appears to be that I am in a palace of some sorts. I looked down and saw that I am wearing hanbok. And, my hair is...long? Needless to say, I was absolutely baffled at this discovery because the longest my hair ever been didn't even go past the tops of my ears. I could have sworn I was dying in the streets with Kihyun by my side.

All of a sudden, I hear something dropping on the ground. I looked over to see... people who looked exactly like Jooheon and Changkyun staring back at me with their jaws dropped and dressed in a similar fashion to me and also with long hair. "Hyung, you are awake," the person who looked like Jooheon shouts after he ran over to me and hugged me.

"Umm, you are," I asked hesitantly as I am still unsure of what the hell is going on.

"Jooheon, you idiot. Don't you know that every immortal being that drinks the water of forgetfulness will not remember their original life? At least not until, they drink the water of remembrance," the other person....being? says to Jooheon.

"Ah, you're right, Changkyun.  I forgot," Jooheon laughs.

"What on earth are you guys talking about," I asked as I moved away from them.

"Not earth, Hyung. But, what on the nine heavens are you guys talking about," Jooheon says as he shakes his head. (A/N: In the chapter, I am referencing stuff from Taoism/Daoism as I am unfamiliar with Korean mythology/religious views. Jiutian is what heaven is called. I translated it literally  here. Jiu = nine and Tian = Heaven.)

"Nine heavens," I asked confusedly.  What the hell are they talking about? I don't have time for these two. I need to find Kihyun.

"Aish, we are not going to get anywhere if he doesn't drink the water of remembrance... Oh, we got to inform the heavenly emperor and the others. But, most importantly, his highness the fourth prince," Changkyun says after smacking Jooheon on the arm. (A/N: Like the river Styx, there is a river like that in Taoism/Daoism. If you drink that water, you will forget everything. So, I made up water of remembrance to be the thing that would bring all of your memories back unlike what happens in Chinese (xianxia/wuxia) dramas.) 

"Right, I'll go get it right now," he says to Changkyun before shouting as he left the room, "Is anyone there? Someone, bring the water of remembrance for the general."

"His highness the fourth prince," I said in a questioning tone. Who is that?

"...you'll know who he is when you see him," Changkyun smirks. 

~a few minutes later~

Jooheon comes racing in with a cup. "Hurry, Hyung. Drink this," he says when he skids to a stop in front of me. I took the cup from him hesitantly and looked into the cup to see its contents.

"Don't worry. It isn't poisoned or anything," Changkyun snorts as he rolls his eyes at my hesitation. As I looked into the cup, the water swirled a few times before showing me short clips that I didn't recognized. But, when it came to the last clip, I knew immediately who the person was no matter how much he looked different from what I know. I drank the water in one go before a sharp pain blooms in my head, which made me drop the cup.

In the next second, my memories as one of the strongest general in the Nine Heavens' army and the future god of war flows into my mind but it doesn't push out the memories of my time on earth. "Kihyun," I said sorrowfully as I recalled the look on his face before I started my tribulations that his father had asked me to go through in order to test me and my love for Kihyun. (A/N: A tribulation in this sense is really a test of sorts that immortal beings have to go through. If you want to learn more about how it works and why they have to go through them, watch Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms (Chinese drama))