Ch. 26: To Ask or Not To Ask

Hyunwoo

~three and half days later~

~after work~

~outside of the hospital~

I groaned loudly as I plopped onto a bench outside of the hospital. I had spent the last three and half days helping Dr. Pha with Mr. Jo. But, I could only offer so much help as this kind of case requires specialists and not doctors of internal medicine. I ran a hand through my hair and turned my face upward basking in the moonlight. Without me even knowing, my eyelids began to droop. 

In the next few seconds, I felt something cold press against my forehead. I frowned and swat at it. Then, I hear someone giggling softly to my right. I open my eyes and found Kihyun standing there in an over sized pastel green sweater, a pair of white slacks, and a pair of pale blue sneakers with a can of latte in his hand. "Good morning, Hyung," he teases and holds out the can of coffee. 

"Cheh, real funny," I muttered and took the can from him. 

"Hyung," he says in a questioning tone after sitting down next to me.

"Hmm?"

"Wanna go somewhere," he asks shyly and looks at his hands that were on his lap.

"...you finished your shift?"

"Mhmm," he answers while absentmindedly kicking at nothing. 

"Like a date," I asked with a knowing smile momentarily forgetting about how tired I felt seconds earlier. 

"A date?! I mean...ah...I...you...um...yeah," he whispers while rubbing at an imaginary stain on his slacks. So adorable....

"Where do you want to go?"

"There is this new dessert place that I have been wanting to try...," he trails off before glancing at me through the corner of his left eye and then looking away with blush creeping up his neck.  When I didn't respond right away, he bites his lower lip and then says with a pout, "Aish, I knew I should have just waited for you to- I'm such a pabo."

"Kihyun ah~, don't be silly," I chuckled and bumped my shoulder against his lightly.  "Come on. Let's go there," I said with a smile.