Ch. 39: Gentle Giant

Kihyun

~at the nurses' station~

Nurse Lee who was behind the counter saw us coming. She gives us a knowing look before giggling with the other nurses who also witnessed Hyunwoo carrying me over to their station. They all exchanged comments that made my cheeks heat up. While I was distracted, Hyunwoo puts me on the counter near the entrance/exit part of the station. 

"I'm fine really," I whined but was only ignored by him. He goes to the room behind the station to get supplies to treat my ankle and elbow. When he comes back, he pulls a chair over before setting down the medical supplies that he had gathered on the counter next to me. "Look," I said and straighten the arm that took part of the brunt of the fall. Pain shoots up my arm and I did my best to not let it show on my face.

But, Hyunwoo merely rolls his eyes at me as he caught on real fast. I smiled awkwardly, turned my head to the side, and mentally chastise myself for being bad at lying. He rolls up my right pant leg and took off my sock. He rotates it slowly which made my leg jerk in his grasp. He then takes a spray can of pain relief spray and applies it to my ankle. I cringed at the coolness of the spray and tried to move my ankle out of the way.

He gives me an unimpressed look before putting the spray can back onto the counter. Then, he grabs a roll of elastic bandage wrap. He wraps it around my ankle, back half of my foot, and lower part of my calf. He sets it aside and holds down the loose end as he got a roll of tape. "Let me," I said and held out my hand for the tape.

He then puts his chin on my hand and looks up at me with a soft smile. I sputtered as I wasn't expecting him to do aegyo at such a moment. As I was in a 'state of shock,' he had tape down the end of the wrap and rolled down my pant leg.

In the distance, I heard someone squeal. I turned to see that it was Nurse Kim who was making that noise. Nurse Lee saw me looking and quickly told the others to go back to work. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and hide right now. 

Hyunwoo rolled back my left sleeve and sprayed some of that spray on. "Let this dry. I'll go get your shoe," he says and leaves without waiting for me to respond. The second he leaves the nurses swarmed me and attacked me with numerous questions that I couldn't quite.

"Are you guys dating," Nurse Lee asks.

"When? Where? How," Nurse Kim asks.

"Did you two kiss yet? How was it," Nurse Jeon asks with an eager look in her eyes. They didn't even wait before asking more questions. So much that I was losing track of what was asked and who had asked the question.

"I- We- Uh-," I stammered as I wasn't sure who to answer first. 

"Ladies, please don't tease my boyfriend," Hyunwoo says suddenly from behind me. The nurses gave each other a knowing look before giving us a knowing smile. When they dispersed, I turned to look at him and shouted, "Yah!!!"