Ch. 42: Slumber Party for 2 (Part 1)

A/N: So excited as BigBang reentering the music scene after their military hiatus and BTS is having their comeback soon. 2020 is looking promising. 

Hyunwoo

~inside Hyunwoo's apartment~

"Welcome to my place," I said as I let him in.

"I've been here before, Hyung," he replies with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot," I lied.

"Hmm, did you get neater, Hyung? Your place isn't usually this clean," he says as he walks deeper into my apartment. 

"Ah, I just happened to clean it the other day," I lied as I didn't know that this Hyunwoo was sort of a slob.

"The sun must have rose from the west for you to do that," he laughs.

"Hey, even someone like me cleans at one point," I replied after clicking my tongue.

"Just teasing," he says and takes a seat on the couch. 

"Are you hungry? We can get take out," I said.

"Take out? That's not good to do all the time..."

"I don't do it often."

"Sure, I know you, Hyung. You can only make food that an average college student can do, which is ramyeon," he snorts.

"I can cook," I scoffed before frowning slightly as I recalled the moments when a certain pink haired male had taught me how to cook.

"I'll cook," he says and gets up. 

"Wait, you're hurt. I'll do it," I said. He gives me an unimpressed look but sat back down reluctantly. 

"Don't burn the house down," he smiles deviously. 

"I'll try not to," I said as I rolled my eyes at him.  How hard can it be?

~ten minutes later~

"Here we are," I said as I placed two steaming hot bowls of kimchi fried rice with pan fried egg on top of the coffee table in front of him. He leans forward and smells it. Then, he uses the fork that was in the bowl to eat some of it. 

"Not bad. Definitely an improvement," he says thoughtfully. 

"How would you rate it, Chef Yo," I asked just to humor him.

"Hmm, 10/10," he smiles brightly. I chuckled and then ruffled his pink hair before trying the fried rice myself. Indeed, it was good but it didn't compare to his cooking. For the rest of our meal, we watched a variety show and talked about small things.

 As the night darkens, Kihyun leans more and more against me. I put my right arm around him and pulled him closer to me. Kihyun lets out a stifled squeak before stilling and then relaxing in my embrace.

 At one point, I had begun to  draw circles on the back of Kihyun's right hand absentmindedly. I stopped as it had become a habit back then. I was about to move my hand away as sadness and longing seeped into my mind. But, Kihyun grabs my left hand and interlocks our fingers. This quickly dispelled those feelings and made me smile softly.