Ch. 95: 2 Days and 2 Nights (Part 4)

Kihyun

~after they spent some time on the beach~

"Let's start a campfire," Hyunwoo says as we reached our glamping tent. I nodded as we had exposed ourselves to the cold for so long that the tips of our ears and noses are red. I took a seat on one of the lawn chair and put the blanket that was on the back of it over my knees. Hyunwoo opens a small box next to the bottom of the firepit and takes out a fire starter and a knife.

After a few tries, he manages to light the wood that was prepared by the resort. He then grabs wood strips and put it into the fire. "Oh, you two started the fire already," someone says to our right. I turned and saw a resort worker with a cart that had things for a BBQ. "Here is the meal that you ordered and some tools and dining ware. If you two need anything else, feel free to let us know," the worker says as he maneuvers the cart so that it is right next to the table and transferred the items to said table. 

"Thank you," we both said.

"No problem," he replies as he finishes emptying out the cart. "Have a good meal and a good night," he says before leaving. We thanked him as he left. 

"Wah, people normally have a campfire to roast marshmallows not grilling food," I said as I looked at the assortment of items on the table. 

"Well, the prize I won isn't the next level up where we have access to a real grill. So, this will just have to do," he laughs as he puts the large cooking grid over the fire. 

"Are you sure that you know how to do this," I asked in a worried tone as accidents can happen at anytime. 

"Yeah, I worked at a res-," he pauses before saying, "I learned how to cook by watching cooking shows in my spare time."

"Ah...do you need any help," I asked as I started to feel bad that he was doing all the work. 

"Umm, you can make the skewers," he says as he walks over to the table. I nodded, took the blanket off my lap, stood up, put down on the chair, and then walked over to him. I picked up one of the metal skewers and started to assemble it with the already prepared ingredients. 

I picked up a piece of meat and started to skewer it. But, as I did, a red liquid leaks out of it. For some reason, my throat dries as my eyes track each droplet. It is almost as it is blood. Blood. Suddenly, the dripping liquid started to pour out as if it was coming out of a faucet.  In the next second, an ache in my chest begins and my vision starts shaking. 

"Ki- Kihyun? Kihyun ah," someone calls out to me suddenly. I snap out of the trance I somehow found myself in and looked at what was in my hand. There was not gushing stream of blood coming out from the piece of meat. "Are you okay," som- Hyunwoo asks.

I looked up at him and lied, "Yeah, just zoned out for a bit." What's going on with me?