Ch. 75: Date Night (Part 1)

Hyunwoo

~a few nights later~

~at the movie theaters~

"What do you want to watch," Kihyun asks me as we looked at the screen that showed the screening times for each movie. 

"Umm, I heard that Parasite is pretty good. Do you want to watch that," I asked. (A/N: Let's pretend that Parasite just came out for the sake of this story)

"Sure, I heard from the nurses that it is a pretty good movie," he says before pausing for a few seconds. "Oh, Nurse Lee gave me these coupons that we can use to exchange for tickets," he continues to say.

"That's very nice of her," I replied as we got in line to get tickets. 

"She overheard you asking me to the movies and happened to have a few coupons that were going to expire in a few days."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. Also, we don't need to buy snacks. I brought some from my snack drawer at work," he whispers to me as if he was afraid that  someone would hear.  

"Don't they check your bags before you go inside," I asked as we got closer. 

"Nah, they stopped doing that a long time ago. Don't worry," he whispers before winking.

"You're so adorkable, Ki," I chuckled.

"I'm not a dork," he pouts.

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Agh hem," someone interrupts. We both stopped looked up to see the teller looking at us with an unimpressed look. 

"Sorry," Kihyun apologizes before elbowing me in the stomach. I looked at him in shock and mock hurt but he ignores me and walks up to the teller. He exchanges the coupons for tickets to the next showing of Parasite. After that, we went to the designated theater and tried to find good seats.

But, we ended up having to seat near the side. Kihyun looks side to side before taking out some snacks from his canvas bag and handing them over to me. He then moves some things around but then looks at me with a pout. "Is something wrong," I asked him.

"I forgot to grab some water bottles from the break room," he says with an expression that reminded me of Puss in Boots in that one scene.