Ch. 38: Untitled

Kihyun

"Hmm, I'm stuffed," I said as I ate the last bite of my lunch.

"And, messy," he says as he wipes at the left corner of my lips with his thumb.

"I was going to wipe my mouth but you just did it for me," I huffed and glared at him.

"Mhmm," he says as he wipes his hands on a napkin.

"Like you are any better."

"What do you mean?"

"Right there," I said and pointed at the supposed stain. He looks down and I smiled at this. 
"Hah, made you look," I laughed. He looks up and scoffs while rolling his eyes at me.

"What are you? Four years old," he asks with an eyebrow raised. I meronged him and shrugged my shoulders. He chuckles and then asks me, "Do you want to go to the new dessert place that opened up a few days ago?"

"Sure. The one near the subway?," I asked. 

"Yeah, the one with takiyaki ice cream," he says as he gathers our plates and puts them on the tray that they were on earlier before taking them to the area where we are supposed to leave the dirty dishes at. When he comes back, my pager goes off. I gasped when I realized what code had just shown up. I scrambled to get out of the cafeteria but my right foot gets caught  into between the bars of the bench that I was sitting on.

I fell onto the ground. Pain shoots through my body from the impact. I cursed under my breath and rolled onto my back. "Kihyun," Hyunwoo shouts and rushes to my side. "Where does it hurt," he asks quickly with worry in his voice.

"It's okay, Hyung. I don't think I broke anything," I said as I winced from the pain in my left arm and right foot.

"It's better to be safe than sorry. Now, tell me where it hurts," he says with a firm look in his eyes.

"My left elbow and right foot," I said. He reaches for my left arm and grabs onto it gently. I flinched as the movement made pain shoot up my arm. He checks it out and mutters, "Seems to be just a bruise." Then, he takes off my right shoe and tried to rotate my foot but I cried out in pain. My eyes watered a bit from it. "Shit, I'm sorry, Kihyun ah. Let's get you to the nurses' station to get this treated," he says.

I nodded and tried to get up but he stops me and picks me up. I let out a small shriek as I wasn't prepared. I heard the other people in the cafeteria murmuring. I looked around to see if anyone was looking at us but no one was. Hyunwoo goes to leave the cafeteria but didn't stop to bring my shoe too. "Wait, what about my shoe?"

"I'll come back and get it later. What really matters is getting treatment for your ankle and your elbow," he says without looking down at me.